GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Shorty's short shifter review

nofuiyo

Passed Driver's Ed
I know that this product has been reviewed before and there are other threads about it. But because of the quality of the product and the customer service I received, I am going to do it on a separate thread ;)

First of all, I want to preface this by stating that this is my first short shifter on any of the previous vehicles that I have owned. I do not race my cars so I have never had the need or urge to get one. Well, that and the shifters on the other vehicles felt adequate. The shifter on my MK7 Golf, on the other hand, did not feel solid; it actually felt rubbery and fragile. Everything felt good on the car, except the shifter. Looking for reviews of short shifters from actual owners on golfmk7.com I came across Shorty’s short shifters. It had high praise from the owners and that caught my attention. More so than that, the fact that each and every shifter is a one-off and specially made for my vehicle by Shorty himself, was what sold me. From the moment I started interacting with Shorty I felt the passion and dedication to produce a quality part for our VWs. Shortly after receiving the shifter I took it to Michael Gentile, Audi certified tech in Cary, NC (he works in Auto Resource Sales and Service) so he could install it. He told me that he had read some reviews about the Shorty’s shifter and was eager to try it on. After installing it, he told me that the shifter felt very good and very solid; he liked it a lot. After I tried it, it took me a minute to get the feel for it, but now I could not go back to stock. The shifts are, of course, shorter, but more importantly you know and feel the shifter engage in the gears like in a mechanical way. There is no more moving of the shifter thinking you are moving through a big pile of rubber. I love rowing through the gears now. Definitely, it did not feel like this before and I have Shorty to thank for it. A magnificent product with the customer service to match:D