GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OBDELEVEN

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
I just noticed that one of my LEDs are out on my tails!! There's the 3 square LEDs in the middle of the light and my centre one has no light coming off it. Do you know if that could be a coding issue or are the reps I bought just c**p? I will get a photo when It's dark if it hasn't magically fixed itself

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I realise i might have changed a bit of code thinking it didn't change anything, but maybe i did!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
When looking at my non LEDs and what I coded, the outer tail is one bulb channel and the outer tail is a separate bulb channel. 4 channels in total.

I'd say that you have a faulty inner tail light.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
^^^^^^^^^ Yes, the two boxed LEDs in the picture below are controlled by the one Leichte-set (Leuchte27NSL RC6) - which means that there is one wire from module that OBD11 calls Central electrics for the pair and only one pin on the connector.

Moral of the story - likely to be a faulty LED and therefore a faulty fitting (alas)

Don

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Great.... alot of money spent for nothing then.... bought them off an eBay seller so I doubt he has a proper warranty for them. Well ive got about 6 months until my next mot so atleast they should be okay temporarily...

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
Great.... alot of money spent for nothing then.... bought them off an eBay seller so I doubt he has a proper warranty for them. Well ive got about 6 months until my next mot so atleast they should be okay temporarily...

Daniel: My apology if I came across as non caring about your dilemma - not my intention.

If you are deft at using a blade you could consider separating the lens from the LED and then replace the faulty component and then seal the lens back again with a suitable sealant, or heat gun. I've not done this, but it will be tricky.

Don

danielmckendry

Ready to race!
Daniel: My apology if I came across as non caring about your dilemma - not my intention.

If you are deft at using a blade you could consider separating the lens from the LED and then replace the faulty component and then seal the lens back again with a suitable sealant, or heat gun. I've not done this, but it will be tricky.

Don
Na you didn't, it's good to know either way, it's a bitch but it happens. I'll contact the seller and then see where I get with that but really not expecting anything as he was very vague when I bought them and didn't even answer a question I had after buying but he had sold several sets that's why I choose his lights. I've only had them in maybe 2 months.
Luckily I kept my halogens so if it comes to it I can swap them over when my mot is due.

gtigod

Passed Driver's Ed
I realise i might have changed a bit of code thinking it didn't change anything, but maybe i did!!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It is very possible that the soldering on the LED isn't very good and you need to resolder the LED in place. That's a fairly minor fix in my opinion.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
DV52/Don (or anyone else in the know): There are rumblings that it's possible via coding to increase the VAQ's clamping force to match the Clubsport's more aggressive settings. Any insight as to how this might be accomplished?

scrapin240

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf
Na you didn't, it's good to know either way, it's a bitch but it happens. I'll contact the seller and then see where I get with that but really not expecting anything as he was very vague when I bought them and didn't even answer a question I had after buying but he had sold several sets that's why I choose his lights. I've only had them in maybe 2 months.
Luckily I kept my halogens so if it comes to it I can swap them over when my mot is due.

you should contact ebay as they have a seller guarantee. obviously you didn't get what you were promised, so I would definitely get ebay involved.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
DV52/Don (or anyone else in the know): There are rumblings that it's possible via coding to increase the VAQ's clamping force to match the Clubsport's more aggressive settings. Any insight as to how this might be accomplished?

Ran across this on the Facebook page: https://drivetribe.com/p/performance-vcds-tweaks-Dky7b-PTQpqIwVFrasMoeA?iid=OvVc7MlbRbOavQVrjekHpw

- 32 Lock Electronics
- Adaptation
- Acoustic measure, wiring logic
- Change from 'standard' to 'increased traction'

THEN, perform the diff clutches reset procedure:
- Car must be running, with trans temps over 100F, in park (or neutral for 6MT)
- 32 Lock Electronics
- Basic Settings
- Resetting of all adaptation values

I just got back from a quick drive, and the diff does feel like it comes on faster and with more bite. I didn't get a chance to do any higher speed stuff, but it does feel improved at low speeds. We may have a winner! Curious what others think of the change...

I did the diff clutches reset procedure the other day, so the changes I've noticed would not be attributable to that vs. changing the setting to 'increased traction'. Unless that is, the improvement is just all in my head!

Now the question is, does the Clubsport's diff have any different maintenance guidelines vs. the US spec performance pack cars?

rcb020

Passed Driver's Ed
In the drivetribe article linked, they mention disabling "straight ahead brake stabilization". Has anyone tried that?

I was unable to find an access code that would allow me to change it to not active.

dub_guy

Ready to race!
So I'm looking at the settings for auto rain close from here: https://sites.google.com/a/naturalnetworks.ca/vw-golf-mk7-vcds-how-to/comfort/auto-rain-closing

I've got the top part set for my car and it doesn't close automatically when I spray water on the windshield.

But I've realized that I've never set this setting from there:
Code:
[LIST=1]
[*]9 Central Electronics
[*]Rain and light sensor
[*]Byte 0…Enable Bit 2 “Regenschliessen aktiv”. (rain closing active)
[*]Bit 1 should be active too….Regenlicht aktiv (rain light active)
[/LIST]

I'm not sure how to get to that setting from OBD11. Any one have a suggestion?

pitterchi

Ready to race!
DISREGARD: Did a hard reset of the Telematics Communication Unit and deactivated/activated the Cellular_Module and I'm good to go.

Has anyone had problems with Car-Net after modding with OBDEleven?

I got my OBDEleven yesterday and Ran a few backups (Dash Board and Central Electrics), cleared the faults, made the 5 brake light and Windows Up/Down from Key fob.

Now my Car-net light is off and I cannot do anything to get it to connect. Nothing happens when pushing the buttons.

My GTI is a 2017 Sport built in Jan2017 so not all the names match up. Had to use Google Translate to figure out some of the settings.

Any suggestions would be great. I'll take her to the dealer if I can't figure this out (with my tail tucked between my legs).

Last edited: