GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Airbag resistor

Static-X

Hello everybody, recently I have swap out my stock GTI seats for aftermarket Bride bucket seats.

Googled extensively on the resistor value to be used in order to cancel out the check light. However, there isn't much information in the internet that is related to MQB airbag resistance value.

Have tried using resistor ranging from 10ohm to 20ohm and even a potentiometer but it still doesn't work. It keeps giving me either "Resistance too low" or "Resistance too high". :(

Any help guys?

MacaN

Ready to race!
Hello everybody, recently I have swap out my stock GTI seats for aftermarket Bride bucket seats.

Googled extensively on the resistor value to be used in order to cancel out the check light. However, there isn't much information in the internet that is related to MQB airbag resistance value.

Have tried using resistor ranging from 10ohm to 20ohm and even a potentiometer but it still doesn't work. It keeps giving me either "Resistance too low" or "Resistance too high". :(

Any help guys?

You will have to transfer your sensor from oem seat. Plug resistor to sensor and clear the code. There is no way you can bypass it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
The fault would lies with Passenger side airbag igniter.

Any idea how can I bypass it?

Try a wrecking yard to see if you can find a deployed passenger airbag. Look to see if there are electronics you can measure. I would not try it with a good airbag because you might set it off. This guy seems to be testing a live airbag for resistance with a small insulator.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...ACBD2B4A50CA611BBF67A&view=detail&FORM=VIREHT

Or you could try emailing them and ask. They seem to know what they're talking about.

How did you get around the airbags in the sides of the factory seats?

Last edited:

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo

Any help guys?
I'm curious if capacitance is a factor, too?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I read where it might be 2.2 ohms, 1/4 watt. Or perhaps 2.0. You might need to experiment if you can't get an answer from the guy I suggested contacting.

Static-X

I read where it might be 2.2 ohms, 1/4 watt. Or perhaps 2.0. You might need to experiment if you can't get an answer from the guy I suggested contacting.
Tested 2.2ohm too, air bag light show up immediately the moment I tried to clear it.

Whereas roughly 11.8ohm would fluctuate and show airbag check light few minutes or days later.