GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spoiler coming unglued?

rfc89747

Ready to race!
So today I noticed this little gem. It appears the top of my spoiler is coming up slightly. It actually contacts the roof line when opening the hatch at one point. I'd imagine this will get worse over time. 23k on the car. Is this common? I'll most likely be taking it to the dealer, hopefully for a warranty repair. That extra aero drag is absolutely killing my quarter mile times! Jk, but it's annoying.

Here you can kind of see where it contacts the roof line

LastDragon

Ready to race!
Didn't happen to me but I'm only at 8k miles. Dealer will fix that in 10 minutes probably. I've heard of it happening to another guys gti and I can't remember where... his looked alot worse though.

euroadb

Go Kart Champion
Just be very careful taking this to the dealership to fix.
Dealer will fix that in 10 minutes probably.
No way. This is not a small job even tho it looks like a small problem.

I don't want to fear-monger you with my past bad experience on a different car, but beware this is most likely NOT a small easy fix. I would make sure you take it to a stealership you trust and insist they do a good job without leaving marks and do a good professional job reapplying the spoiler.

I never had this happen to me on my mk7, but I did have my spoiler removed on my mk5 (due to condensation in the brake light) and the dealer did a terrible job of fixing it. The spoiler is basically held on with adhesive. They essentially have to pry the spoiler off. You could see marks where they pried the spoiler off on my mk5, and they fucked up with putting it back on. You could see gaps where OEM adhesive tape is missing and they just stuffed some 3M double sided tape in there thinking it was okay.

Contrary to their predecessors, the Mk7 GTI/R roof spoiler is bolted onto the hatch fortunately, not glued.

Lorenas

Had same sort of thing - wiring for a stop light is preventing spoiler to sit nicely. Once I removed spoiler, I have seen also that 2 red clips that are in the middle (closer to the front of the car) are too small for holes which they should sit in. So they are not locking front of the spoiler properly.