GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VMR V718 18x8.5 ET45 5x112 - Los Angeles

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
I have a set of VMR V718 18x8.5 ET45 5x112, powdercoated in gloss gunmetal for sale. No tires, includes center caps. Located in Los Angeles and willing to drive a little for the right offer. Looking to get $650. These wheels are pretty much mint. Never been mounted since I got them back from the wheel shop.

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
I would rather not ship at the moment...shipping on wheels is probably gonna cost a fortune.

I actually had these for about 3 weeks now...I didn't realize the mk7 guys would probably be interested in these and only posted on the mk6 forums....

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
At the very center? They put some kind of tape on there, or it might be the glare.
There aren't any blemishes when I inspected these in person.

KevinGTI

Any pictures of these from further out, or mounted on your car before they went to the shop perhaps? Why are you selling them, and why were they in the shop?

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
Selling because I have lightweight wheels. I wanted to go with 17" and had no need for these
They were in the shop because the previous owner painted these gold, and it was much too gaudy. I tried stripping it off myself but couldn't get the corners right.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I know you sold but I’m wondering is this an original VMR design or a clone? I’ve been seeing this same wheel with different brand names so I’m confused

somerset9

Go Kart Newbie
Wheels featuring this design are also known colloquially as 'splits', as in, the spokes are split into two prongs instead of being a thicker, solid bar.

VMR isn't the first to employ this design. I've seen Enkei, MSW, Neuspeed, and other brands use this design. The design works very well on many cars, especially early 2000s. I see a lot of E46 M3 rocking these kind of 'split spoke' wheels.

I'm still on the fence about the mk7 design. It seems too modern to rock BBS RS rims. The mk5 and mk6 were perfect for those wheels.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Wheels featuring this design are also known colloquially as 'splits', as in, the spokes are split into two prongs instead of being a thicker, solid bar.

VMR isn't the first to employ this design. I've seen Enkei, MSW, Neuspeed, and other brands use this design. The design works very well on many cars, especially early 2000s. I see a lot of E46 M3 rocking these kind of 'split spoke' wheels.

I'm still on the fence about the mk7 design. It seems too modern to rock BBS RS rims. The mk5 and mk6 were perfect for those wheels.

Thanks. I like this look a lot. I think they actually look visually a little bit better than my Hypergrams, partially due to color, on the Golf. Too bad they are on the heavy side. It’s funny, I ended up getting a set of the same wheel you had with tires for $300 just stumbling across a Facebook ad.