GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Golf R PZEV

mtk12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys. I was looking for information on PZEV on the golf R and I couldn't figure out if it was standard on all golf Rs or just some. If it isn't standard, I was also wondering what the performance effect was. Thanks for helping out. ��

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hey guys. I was looking for information on PZEV on the golf R and I couldn't figure out if it was standard on all golf Rs or just some. If it isn't standard, I was also wondering what the performance effect was. Thanks for helping out. ��

They're all PZEV now.

mtk12

Passed Driver's Ed
You're joking right? This is a performance car. My exhaust tips have turned themselves black from all the carbon lol

I'm not sure what you thought I was joking about. I wasn't sure if it was standard. If it wasn't, and had some form of affect on the performance, I would opt for a model without the specification. I remembered hearing about certain VWs in the past that had some changes in order to meet the PZEV specification. I was fairly certain it was standard. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the help clarifying Fed.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I'm not sure what you thought I was joking about. I wasn't sure if it was standard. If it wasn't, and had some form of affect on the performance, I would opt for a model without the specification. I remembered hearing about certain VWs in the past that had some changes in order to meet the PZEV specification. I was fairly certain it was standard. Just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the help clarifying Fed.

First it was Cali, then NJ got in on the action. Soon so many states passed stricter emissions law automakers said screw it, we'll do them all. Another issue was buying a car from a state with regular emissions and trying then trying to get it registered and inspected in a state with the stricter emissions. Look at our Florida, we have no emissions (or safety) inspections because, duh, we're a peninsula where the winds blow across the state yet we need to have cars with emissions equipment. Meanwhile, it seems half of the pickup trucks here have dual exhausts with no cats.

If someone still lives in a state without the stricter emissions let me know.