GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alltrack FMIC

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
So I finally parted out and sold my K04 GTI which had Neuspeed's FMIC.. What might it take to install it on my Alltrack?

Anyone done a FMIC on the MQB 1.8t platform?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Everyone here does bolt ons or nothing.

I started looking into using a universal Vibrant FMIC and making mounts and piping myself to make it work.

So before I ask you what the unit measures, do you have any fabrication skills and tools to do the job? If not just buy a new or used bolt on unit and diy install. There's about a dozen options out there (all MQB cars are the same 1.8T-Golf R). The only reasons I'm thinking about this project is A. I like building stuff & B. I'm too cheap to spend $600-900 on a IC

TwinDad

Autocross Newbie
There's always the Rev9 intercooler on eBay. So far it's been used and reviewed with good results

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Everyone here does bolt ons or nothing.

I started looking into using a universal Vibrant FMIC and making mounts and piping myself to make it work.

So before I ask you what the unit measures, do you have any fabrication skills and tools to do the job? If not just buy a new or used bolt on unit and diy install. There's about a dozen options out there (all MQB cars are the same 1.8T-Golf R). The only reasons I'm thinking about this project is A. I like building stuff & B. I'm too cheap to spend $600-900 on a IC

Sorry.. Kinda forgot about this thread.. The core measures 23.5"x 6.5"x 3". I called Neuspeed and at the current time they don't have an official application for the 1.8 Golf. I'm casually trying to sell it but am open to keeping it and seeing if NS will sell me just the hoses and mounting hardware once they have an application.. I was told the GTI stuff was the same but I may have to do some minor trimming..

project92raddoslc

Go Kart Champion
Sorry.. Kinda forgot about this thread.. The core measures 23.5"x 6.5"x 3". I called Neuspeed and at the current time they don't have an official application for the 1.8 Golf. I'm casually trying to sell it but am open to keeping it and seeing if NS will sell me just the hoses and mounting hardware once they have an application.. I was told the GTI stuff was the same but I may have to do some minor trimming..

NS told me the same. Grilles need to be trimmed to fit golf r core. I will attempt it at some point

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
APR's Intercooler fits the Alltrack and is far more efficient than a smaller front mount intercooler, and installs much cleaner.

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
APR's Intercooler fits the Alltrack and is far more efficient than a smaller front mount intercooler, and installs much cleaner.

While this may be true, there's two factors at work.

1. I already own the Neuspeed FMIC

2. Install labor for a FMIC is a fraction of what a sandwich mount is. When I installed it on my mk6 it took me around an hour from start to finish and I'm a novice at best.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk