GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where to get replacement OEM body parts?

witsbusa

Ready to race!
Well, of course it had to happen with my new GTI, but I had my first 4 wheel vehicle accident at 40 a few days ago.. my wife parked her vehicle behind me in an awkward place, and darned if I didn't miscalculate the space I had and run my rear right corner into her rear right corner.. It was hard enough to push in the bumper cover "mount" under the cover, and put a couple small dents in the metal right behind the gas tank cover..

Needless to say I am frustrated, but in the event I can resolve pulling the dents out, which didn't cause any paint issue, does anyone have any idea where I might find a decent price on OEM parts such as the bumper cover? Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks!

Ben

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Sorry to hear about your misfortune, ECS tuning may be able to help and maybe paint less dent removal (PDR) could take care of the dents if the paint still intact

gchen6850

Ready to race!
shopdap.com also sells OEM parts. I think the pricing is pretty much the same between the two but I have not really looked into this so I don't know. I have ordered from deutscheauto before though and they have good service (plus lots of DIY videos on their youtube channel)

falkdal

I realize this is a very old post, but is there anyplace to buy already painted body panels? I need a new rear bumper in Night Blue and was hoping to avoid paying for both a new bumper and a custom paint job. I normally shop for motorcycle fairing parts, and all OEM fairings come painted and stickered, so it's odd to only see listings for bumpers with primer.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
My understanding is that they don't supply painted bits because there are batch-batch variations that are more noticeable on large area items. Basically requires a paint shop able to paint-to-match to current paint conditions of vehicles. Best bet is to find a salvage yard and pull the panel there.