GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EPC Light and P03AF Code

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Hi, I was driving this morning and felt the car shift a little strange so I look down and I see the EPC light on and power seems a little weak. I drove home and scanned the car with my Carista and get the P03AF code. Turn the car off and turn it on again, the light is gone and everything is running fine. Scan again and the code is gone also.

Is this anything I should worry about? Or possibly a little electronic or random misfire hiccup?

I am completely stock with 10,450 miles, and only added the ESC Sport/Off option via Carista.

Thanks.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
That carista dongle has proven itself to not be very useful. Most people are using VCDS or OBDeleven which gives you a detailed description of which part of your car the code applies to and a specific description of what it means, reading the description steddy2112 linked I don't have much of a clue what it's trying to tell me, other than it has to do with a DPF (Diesel particulate filter?). Considering you have a stock car I wouldn't worry about it, and if it happens again I would take it in to the VW dealership for warranty diagnostic and repair.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Does anyone know where I can find TSB's for these cars? After searching around the forums and online it seems that there should be a TSB out there about this issue by now?

Thanks.