GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Do I need a custom tune?

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
With just a JB4 I have gone from a stage 1 87 octane tune with stock exhaust to an is20 tune with almost double the HP of stock, maybe double. I can use my phone as a gauge cluster and change settings whenever I want all the way back to stage 1 or stock. I can also unhook it, sell it, or transfer it to any VW or Audi that uses the gen 3 engine. Boost by gear for first 3 gears and one of the best methanol control systems is icing on the cake. All for less $ than a Stage 1.

That's pretty cool. Do you have any write ups on how you did everything?

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
That's pretty cool. Do you have any write ups on how you did everything?

Sprinkled throughout the forum here and there. The 238hp 300ft dyno run up on the Burger site is mine. As far as I know I was the first one to do the swap. That dyno run was with boost peak at 16.5 peak. We went conservative to see where torque was at. Now I'm at 22 psi and can run 23.5 with full timing advance.

Ton

Go Kart Newbie
From TwinDad:

Ironshade hit the dyno. 288 whp in 3rd and then hit the speed limiter in 4th on his way to over 300 whp. He hit 357wtq in 4th. Great job for an IS20 and JB4 as the only tune. On the same day an APR stage 2 gti put down 293 whp and 348 wtq and a stage 2 R did 321whp/338wtq in fwd mode. Looks like the JB4 1.8 is king!

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
From TwinDad:

Ironshade hit the dyno. 288 whp in 3rd and then hit the speed limiter in 4th on his way to over 300 whp. He hit 357wtq in 4th. Great job for an IS20 and JB4 as the only tune. On the same day an APR stage 2 gti put down 293 whp and 348 wtq and a stage 2 R did 321whp/338wtq in fwd mode. Looks like the JB4 1.8 is king!

Holy cow, 300+ WHP with the JB4 and just a IS20 swap??