GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maintenance confusion

WhiteVulpine

Ready to race!
I had my oil changed at my dealership at 5k. I then had my 10k service at 9500 miles. I had a sticker put on my car and my car alert was set to 15k for maintenance. I went in for that maintenance today and they looked at me very confused. They said that nothing was due until 20k and just reset my service alert.

Would anyone know why that would happen? I'm pretty confused. Do you all recommend anything for 15k or should I just chill and wait until my 20k?

I appreciate your respones and feedback!
WhiteVulpine

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
I do one year or 10,000. Was the service reminder reset at the 5,000 miles but not 10,000 miles? Or did they set it so it alerts at 5,000 increments to make twice as much money off you?

Mk7Will

Ready to race!
Your oil service will reset at 10000 and your inspection will set at 20000, it seems like the first person who did your oil service reset your oil and inspection but the person who did your second oil change didn't reset your inspection prompting it to show 15000 left before your inspection. You should go every 10k, I change it every 5k but that's what ive always done. Your 20k will usually just involve a cabin air filter