GOLFMKV

MAGIC/MAJESTY (eBay) 16.4 liter Intercooler

GTI787

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Damn, I may have bit off more then I can chew with this IC. Wish someone had a quick video showing what tabs need filing and the bolt holes and such. I'm buying the clips to replace any broken ones, but I didn't think I'd have to buy bolts and such.

What do you guys mean by #10 spacers? Are you just saying you will need 10 spacers or does #10 signify a thickness or hole dimension?

Please refer to the 1st post in this thread. Everything is in there!

It’s #10 washer ** (the size)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
For anyone that missed the 20% ebay sale...

Edit: Just noticed the discount is capped at $50 this time. Still, better than nothing. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
PURCHASED! Saved $47.99 off the $319.90, so $271.91, not bad. Now I have an extra $500 to buy more parts for my Golf R!

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP
Grrr I ordered it yesterday and now the deal is today. It was shipped out very fast, can't cancel now.

use it on the charge pipes or maybe a 1/2 impact dewalt drill to take off lug nuts n stuff

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Did anyone have to sign for theirs? Fucking fedex is making me. I signed the door tag last night and put it on the door and the asshole driver won’t accept it and didn’t deliver it today either. Gave me a new door tag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

marc5800

Drag Race Newbie
Did anyone have to sign for theirs? Fucking fedex is making me. I signed the door tag last night and put it on the door and the asshole driver won’t accept it and didn’t deliver it today either. Gave me a new door tag.

Ya I had to sign.

Ended up having it delivered at a Fedex location to avoid another headache

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
The driver came back after I bitched at the CSR. Heh.

Lord_Flexington

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 MK7 GTI LP PP

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie
Only downside (physically) to a big bar and plate is weight unfortunately. Plus 21. Will never heat soak this beotch under 600 hp imo. Pull your grill (bumper) plastic diverters when you get your front clip off.

Going catless saved me that much. Wash. :).

Thanks for that tip.. I'll be installing this sometime after the snow melts from the 10 northeasters we've had.....

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
Damaged in shipping

I received my eBay Magic intercooler earlier this week. when I opened it I have one of the lower condenser set screw brackets broken and one of the upper radiator mount brackets broken.

Not that this matters really, but the hose clamps were also mangled in the box, but I bent them back into shape.

The box didn't look too beat up in shipping, but the shipper definitely could have done a better job of protecting the intercooler during shipping.
I am in process of negotiating with the seller about how to handle it.

I have asked for either a new undamaged intercooler shipped to me (and see if it gets here in one piece) or a full refund. They want to give me a partial refund, but I don't really want to get a few dollars back and have to really jerry-rig the install more than it was going to take anyway.
Will see what happens, but I can't imagine it would be worth it to them to ship this damaged intercooler back to China.

Attachments

• lower ac condensor bracket.jpg
    lower ac condensor bracket.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 695
  • upper radiator bracket.jpg
    upper radiator bracket.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 693