GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 03-16-2017, 05:56 AM   #52
E90 Skye

Drives: MK7 GTI PP, E36 M3, Acura MDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derushi View Post
I'm kinda indifferent on the headlights. I love the "U" design but my only gripe with them is the turn indicators. They're dim against direct sunlight even w/ the bulbs swapped to LED... the Golf/GTI light pack at least. (I believe the R comes with LED turn signals?)

I really like how the turn signals are integrated with the DRL in the new headlight design. More visible. I'm sure eventually someone will get a hold of this and fit it into the pre-facelift models. The only question is the amount of modifying they need to do lol (read that hood/fenders/bumper are different so it most likely isn't a plug and play fit)
yeah really wish the pre-facelift came with led turn indicators that run the length of the bottom of the headlights. Instead of just the inner area
E90 Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 01:12 PM   #53
tommy

Drives: GTI Clubsport 40years ED
Mine are finally on it's way to me. Lets prepare your questions I'll be happy to share anything from my experience with them.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:02 PM   #54
MikeB_NL

Drives: Golf 7 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Mine are finally on it's way to me. Lets prepare your questions I'll be happy to share anything from my experience with them.
Curious if it's going to work, keep us updated!
MikeB_NL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:21 PM   #55
nype

Drives: 2016 GTI Performance - DSG - Carbon Grey w/Leather
Quote:

Do you currently have the halogen tails or the euro LEDs? I can't recall.

How are you going to manage the different connectors?
nype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:44 PM   #56
SK VeeDubR

Drives: MKVII R / MK7 1.8TSI
Quote:
Originally Posted by nype View Post
I agree with you on the facelift tails. I actually think they look more in sync with the current UU headlights.

The current "dotted" tails, less so. One of the reasons I haven't gone for them.
I agree and for the same reasons have not made the plunge for LeD tails as of yet

Quote:
I'm kinda indifferent on the headlights. I love the "U" design but my only gripe with them is the turn indicators. They're dim against direct sunlight even w/ the bulbs swapped to LED... the Golf/GTI light pack at least. (I believe the R comes with LED turn signals?)

I really like how the turn signals are integrated with the DRL in the new headlight design. More visible. I'm sure eventually someone will get a hold of this and fit it into the pre-facelift models. The only question is the amount of modifying they need to do lol (read that hood/fenders/bumper are different so it most likely isn't a plug and play fit)
The hood and fenders are different? I never looked closely.. now why would they go and do that!?

Check out my 1.8T car journal - The CHIMERA - if you like OEM+!
SK VeeDubR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 08:30 PM   #57
tommy

Quote:
Do you currently have the halogen tails or the euro LEDs? I can't recall.

How are you going to manage the different connectors?
I have the tinted R LED tails. There are adaptors coming in that package as well I can't tell you what exactly they are doing at this point as I don't have it in my hands yet, but they will transform the different connectors for sure.

Also I have seen that the lights are currently on backorder so really hard to get them and the price went up. 1100 Euro with the adaptors
Old 03-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #58
Derushi

Drives: PP/LP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SK VeeDubR View Post
The hood and fenders are different? I never looked closely.. now why would they go and do that!?
Not quite sure! I'm sure someone will take a stab at this soon and see if body part mods are necessary to fit the facelift headlights.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=15
Old 03-18-2017, 10:37 PM   #59
nype

Quote:
I have the tinted R LED tails. There are adaptors coming in that package as well I can't tell you what exactly they are doing at this point as I don't have it in my hands yet, but they will transform the different connectors for sure.

Also I have seen that the lights are currently on backorder so really hard to get them and the price went up. 1100 Euro with the adaptors

Where are you seeing those prices?

Cheers.
Old 03-18-2017, 11:31 PM   #60
tommy

Take a look on "Audiamant" Facebook page.
Old 03-19-2017, 02:04 AM   #61
nype

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

The video on their page seems to show an adapter for the new tail lights. I can't see any products on there though. How much are they?

https://youtu.be/IjAQ4n52Fq0
Old 03-19-2017, 02:12 AM   #62
nype

Are these the adapters?

https://audiamant.de/shop-nachrueste...ule-golf7-html
Old 03-19-2017, 02:35 AM   #63
XM_Rocks

Drives: '16 GTI SE 6MT w/ LP, PP, DCC & 996 C2
Quote:
Not quite sure! I'm sure someone will take a stab at this soon and see if body part mods are necessary to fit the facelift headlights.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpo...7&postcount=15
I have looked at the facelift high resolution photos and I swear the hood and fenders are exactly the same.

Until someone posts separate part numbers for the hood and fenders I would stop repeating that.
XM_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 04:35 AM   #64
Derushi

Drives: PP/LP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
I have looked at the facelift high resolution photos and I swear the hood and fenders are exactly the same.

Until someone posts separate part numbers for the hood and fenders I would stop repeating that.
Yep, you're absolutely right. My apologies.

I also wish they're wrong
Old 03-19-2017, 04:43 AM   #65
njswider

Drives: MK7 R DSG
Quote:
Not sure but it looks like thats exactly what we need, however they are designed for Euro spec LEDs so I guess if we used DAP harness with this adapter, we should have fully functioning dynamic blinking facelift tails? One would only hope haha. You can buy the tails from them too but pricey.
njswider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 06:15 PM   #66
tommy

Quote:
Yep, that's it.

As I have said the price went up and I don't know why - maybe because the demand is so high I paid 150-200 Eur less than the current price.
Old 03-19-2017, 07:45 PM   #67
nype

I was given pricing of around $130 USD per housing from cars245.com. But not sure if they are able to source. So would be about $520 USD for all 4 housings.

And as said, I guess those of us with nonLED tails would need the nonLED-LED harnesses, plus these facelift-LED harnesses. If they will work daisy-chained that way.

I wonder if there would still be a need to fish a wire between the outer tail and the inner. Or if proper coding can eliminate the need to do this. I can see in the audiamante videos that there is coding required. Any thoughts on that?

Costs add up...
- Tails $520
- DAP harnesses $140
- Audiamente harnesses $285
- Total: $985 USD plus shipping etc
Old 03-19-2017, 08:58 PM   #68
tommy

I think if you achieve to get the blinker signal from the outer to the inner and then use the adaptors from Audiamant you should be good to go. Yeah I have coding manual in my email (it's german tho I'll get english one in the package with the lights and I can scan it for you then).