GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 02-26-2017, 07:56 PM   #18
njswider

Drives: MK7 R DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
There is a set of these on ebay.de right now, the four parts are listed separately, same seller...

I saw those too, just waiting on a confirm from someone that these are actually plug and play..
njswider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 08:51 PM   #19
Veejster

Drives: 2017 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by njswider View Post
This is exactly what I am looking for, thanks! I have a '17 so I should be good with the dynamic signals.. Just deciding if I want them & fogs or not.

So both versions are amber turn signals? Also do you mind posting a link to the German forum, not having any luck finding it.
Here's the link: http://www.golf7gti.com/topic.php?t=...214#real203214

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
Good luck connecting this to the nonFL mk7
Thanks for posting that! Looking at the connectors from the ones currently on Ebay and the ones you posted, it looks as if the connectors are in fact different.

There will be a harness made in no time for the non dynamic turn signal versions and I'm sure you could source the parts pretty easily. The new Passat facelift tail lights look like they use similar connectors, if not the same one, so its just a matter of taking the plunge and testing it out.
Veejster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 09:13 PM   #20
njswider

Looks like we might need to wait for DAP or someone to make an adapter again.. definitely interested, I think these look better than the current OEM LED tails IMO. I was hoping to get a jump on this but it looks like I might be a little too early haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-26-2017, 09:26 PM   #21
tommy

Drives: GTI Clubsport 40years ED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veejster View Post
Here's the link:

Thanks for posting that! Looking at the connectors from the ones currently on Ebay and the ones you posted, it looks as if the connectors are in fact different.

There will be a harness made in no time for the non dynamic turn signal versions and I'm sure you could source the parts pretty easily. The new Passat facelift tail lights look like they use similar connectors, if not the same one, so its just a matter of taking the plunge and testing it out.
No problem at all! I'm also hoping there will be some extension to make this work on the non facelift models.

Quote:
Is this out of the new 7.5/facelift?
Yes, friend of mine works at the dealership and it's from the 7.5 Highline with the dynamic turn signals.
tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 10:24 PM   #22
Blade3562

Drives: 2015 Golf LE
I actually really like the dynamic tails. The original Mk7 leds look ok but not $900 ok. These on the other hand might be worth it! I wonder if MY15 cars will allow retrofits of dynamic turns!
Blade3562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:02 PM   #23
Derushi

Drives: PP/LP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattB View Post
There is a set of these on ebay.de right now, the four parts are listed separately, same seller...
Just saw that. The prices totaled to 405.72 Euros (w/o shipping) for the 4 pieces.

It's actually not bad, though the pieces have this description: “Neu mit Lagerspuren, Schmutz und leichte Kratzer können vorhanden sein.”

Per google translate "New with bearing tracks, dirt and slight scratches can be present."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
I actually really like the dynamic tails. The original Mk7 leds look ok but not $900 ok. These on the other hand might be worth it! I wonder if MY15 cars will allow retrofits of dynamic turns!
They can be had for less than that. You can buy the European OEM LED tail lights for 400-500$, then pick up a set of BEC adapter harness for another $100~

I got mine for $525 with the harness from BEC (Euro cherry, not the chinese cherry red) . My set had some blemishes from shipping which is why it was slightly cheaper, but it isn't really noticeable and can be polished until perfect. http://i.imgur.com/VukGBDg.jpg
Old 02-26-2017, 11:13 PM   #24
njswider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derushi View Post
It's actually not bad, though the pieces have this description: “Neu mit Lagerspuren, Schmutz und leichte Kratzer können vorhanden sein.”

Per google translate "New with bearing tracks, dirt and slight scratches can be present."

Two of the lights look new. One of them (I think the right outer) has a chip on the corner and a scratch down the middle of the lense. One of the other ones has a small nick in them, not the end of the world. I think it's a good price, but considering I haven't even hit my first oil change yet, I'm hesitant to get these.. I find it pretty difficult to scratch/damage rear lights unless in an accident so I wouldn't mind paying for new ones. Headlights are a different story considering all the debris that hits them over time. Then again we need an adapter!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 PM   #25
Derushi

Yep! I'd at least wait for someone else to retrofit it before jumping the gun. Save you all the trouble he may or may not have

Quote:
Two of the lights look new. One of them (I think the right outer) has a chip on the corner and a scratch down the middle of the lense. One of the other ones has a small nick in them, not the end of the world. I think it's a good price, but considering I haven't even hit my first oil change yet, I'm hesitant to get these.. I find it pretty difficult to scratch/damage rear lights unless in an accident so I wouldn't mind paying for new ones. Headlights are a different story considering all the debris that hits them over time. Then again we need an adapter!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:54 PM   #26
Blade3562

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derushi View Post
Just saw that. The prices totaled to 405.72 Euros (w/o shipping) for the 4 pieces.

They can be had for less than that. You can buy the European OEM LED tail lights for 400-500$, then pick up a set of BEC adapter harness for another $100~

I got mine for $525 with the harness from BEC (Euro cherry, not the chinese cherry red) . My set had some blemishes from shipping which is why it was slightly cheaper, but it isn't really noticeable and can be polished until perfect. http://i.imgur.com/VukGBDg.jpg
I want the darker not a fan of the cherry. I have Silk Blue metallic so the darker looks better!
Old 02-26-2017, 11:59 PM   #27
Derushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade3562 View Post
I want the darker not a fan of the cherry. I have Silk Blue metallic so the darker looks better!
Regardless, it wouldn't cost you $900 lol. http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-7-R-...gAAOSwrklVRLfn

$450 USD + $50 shipping. Add another $100~ish for the adapter harness from BEC, DAP or whichever.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #28
E90 Skye

Drives: MK7 GTI PP, E36 M3, Acura MDX
I'm contemplating buying the OEM Euro LED tails for my 16... now hmmm maybe I'll just wait and see if a harness is produced soon and everything works out well with the facelifted tail lights. B/c that sequential led turn signal is so clean looking... I love the look on the new A4.
E90 Skye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:12 AM   #29
efa5

Drives: 2016 GTI Autobahn
Saw these on instagram fitted to a mk7 R. Definitely interested now, was contemplating the euro LED tails before ... http://www.pictaram.com/media/145899...09522_39445328
efa5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 05:14 AM   #30
Blade3562

Quote:
Originally Posted by efa5 View Post
Saw these on instagram fitted to a mk7 R. Definitely interested now, was contemplating the euro LED tails before ... http://www.pictaram.com/media/145899...09522_39445328
Omgggggggg love that.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:31 AM   #31
njswider

MK7.5 OEM LED Tails

Quote:
Originally Posted by efa5 View Post

If these are already fitted to an MK7, is it the same install as the Euro mk7 tails?

Edit: it looks like the DAP adapters would fit the new tails... I'm wondering if it's that easy in that it's the same process as the mk7 Euro tails

Last edited by njswider; 03-01-2017 at 05:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:05 AM   #32
tommy

So a Germany shop already made an adaptors (for the dynamic turn signals ones) so I'm pulling the plug and going for them. Will let you guys know ��
Old 03-01-2017, 11:41 AM   #33
Blade3562

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy View Post
So a Germany shop already made an adaptors (for the dynamic turn signals ones) so I'm pulling the plug and going for them. Will let you guys know ��
Is there a dark cherry and what harness?! I so want them.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #34
tommy

This: https://www.audiamant.de/shop-nachru...ule-golf7-html and some coding is required and you also have to already have a LED tails. The dynamic turn signal ones are tinted like the current tails from the R. Don't hesitate to ask anything else I'll be happy to help.