GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior trim problem

Dmk69

Hello fellow members,this is my first post on the forum.I have had my golf for about three weeks now and find it superb,my last car was a audi a1 s line.The problem which has appeared on the car is the trim on the centre console on the passenger side where the two trims meet.Went to local dealers and car is booked in next weekend.This is my first golf and I am really happy with it

Dmk69

Im going to put photo on today, its where two pieces of trim meet on the side of centre console and the top section has seemed to have popped out.The dealers believe a clip has even broke on not been put on right.It is not a problem but does need to he sorted and will post on the forum off the outcome

Last edited:

Dmk69

Photos of trim problem

Attachments

• 20130519_101725-1.jpg
    20130519_101725-1.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 2,621
  • 20130519_101725.jpg
    20130519_101725.jpg
    280.2 KB · Views: 1,894
  • 20130519_101702.jpg
    20130519_101702.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 1,922

Dmk69

Shall find out on Saturday.Never had a problem with trim before but will be a test for dealers as this is my first brand new vw.I have had good reviews from people I know plus getting chrome tail pipes fitted as well

Dmk69

The service department told me either its a broken clip or as you say a complete trim replacement which there could be a wait for but did have not idea of the waiting time for the parts

If it's anything like the Mk6 (it appears to be) to replace that trim piece will require the removal of almost the entire centre console both down by the gear lever and likely the fascia of the climate control as required when I installed the fancy euro cup holder.

Try unhooking the small flap part closest to the engine bay and take a peak to see if the clips are indeed busted, and lift and reclip if they aren't. Asking dealers to replace one trim part often results in damage to another (scuffs and scratches from trying to pry things up).

Dmk69

Car goes in tomorrow and will find out.Will post the outcome of tomorrow's visit.I seem to remember a popping noise whilst I went over a speed bump near where I work

Dmk69

Update, went to dealers this morning took less than 1 hour.No real reason for what happened and nothing had broke but I will keep a eye on it.Had the exhaust end chrome trims fitted which does make it look better. Hope this is just a one off