GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 10-23-2017, 10:58 PM   #511
XoneDB4

Drives: Mk7.5 GTI PP DSG
Has anyone successfully ordered the DSG steering wheel in the UK/EU? My dealer says all the part numbers come up labelled as leather and they’re on back order so if I order the wrong one I still have to pay for it...

Really want that alcantara...
XoneDB4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 01:13 AM   #512
Derushi

Drives: PP/LP 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by DU30 View Post
Hi mates! I am new to this forum but i have been reading about this thread for a while. I own a gti40years here in Sydney and i want to change my side sticker from “40 years” to “clubsport”. Do you guys know where can i get one?
https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/exte...volkswagen.htm

Might be cheaper to have it custom made at a local shop.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:12 AM   #513
replicate

Drives: Mk7 GTI Clubsport
Quote:
Originally Posted by DU30 View Post
Hi mates! I am new to this forum but i have been reading about this thread for a while. I own a gti40years here in Sydney and i want to change my side sticker from “40 years” to “clubsport”. Do you guys know where can i get one?
The 40 Years sticker does look a bit crap. I’m pretty sure one of the guys on here ordered the Clubsport sticker. It’s in this thread somewhere. Whole thread is worth a read anyway.
replicate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 12:42 PM   #514
XoneDB4

Just a follow up on the Clubsport steering wheel - I was quoted £717 without fitting from the dealer and I would have had to pay up front with no guarantee it would actually fit my car.

Probably going to go for a custom job...
Old 10-26-2017, 07:21 AM   #515
replicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by XoneDB4 View Post
Just a follow up on the Clubsport steering wheel - I was quoted £717 without fitting from the dealer and I would have had to pay up front with no guarantee it would actually fit my car.

Probably going to go for a custom job...
It fits, lots have done it. Just buy it from cars245 or the other one and fit it yourself if you can.
Old 10-27-2017, 11:47 AM   #516
XoneDB4

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicate View Post
It fits, lots have done it. Just buy it from cars245 or the other one and fit it yourself if you can.

Is there a guide on how to do it somewhere? I’m fine doing most small DIY bits myself but slightly worried about the airbag - also doesn’t it need coding?
Old 10-27-2017, 11:33 PM   #517
replicate

Quote:
Is there a guide on how to do it somewhere? I’m fine doing most small DIY bits myself but slightly worried about the airbag - also doesn’t it need coding?
Reach out to the guy in this post. Says it took him 30 mins.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpo...postcount=4191
Old 10-28-2017, 12:15 AM   #518
BxGTI

Drives: 2015 VW MK7 GTI, 2017 Audi A4 PP S Line2.0T
Quote:

Here
https://youtu.be/UkYO729io0o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #519
XoneDB4

Thanks both
Old 10-30-2017, 10:15 PM   #520
ecsta

Drives: 2017 R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BxGTI View Post
Here
https://youtu.be/UkYO729io0o

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I like how at the end he installed it completely crooked lol.

Anyone know how much labor were looking at if i wanted to pay the stealership to swap the wheel+airbag+trim?
ecsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #521
LeGti

Drives: 2015 PP Gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by EB2429 View Post
Clubsport part numbers

Sway Bars
5Q0411303N front anti roll bar (sway bar) 24mmx 3.8mm (same as GTI PP)
5Q0511305AT Rear anti roll bar (sway bar) 21.7 x 3mm (same as GTI PP)

FRONT SPRINGS 5Q0411105GD (GTi PP 5Q0411105CC)
FRONT SHOCK 5Q0413031FN (same as GTI PP)
STRUT MOUNT 5Q0412331D (same as GTI PP)
BUMPSTOP 1K0412303F (same as GTI PP)

REAR SPRING 5Q0511115HL (GTi PP 5Q0511115HM)
REAR SHOCK 5Q0513029GL (same as GTI PP)

So as you can see (unfortunately) virtually no change between the Gti and Clubsport, TBH i am a little disappointed as i was expecting from the press releases about the cars that VW had reworked the suspension and uprated it with perhaps dampers and swar bar changes, Have the journos with the all inclusive VW paid trips to Portimao circuit just been describing 10% stiffer springs??

( ... )

Guys, Teck', Breakin': Thank you so much for the wealth of information here!!

Last time I saw this thread was over a year ago, before becoming suddenly ill. Two months after my last post on this thread I received a heart transplant. 15 days after the surgery I drove the VW home... Very lucky, immensely grateful :-)

I have not read to the end of this thread yet, but I'm hoping you found out that the DCC control module has a different part #, maybe the VAQ's as well.

That could explain the difference in behavior from just a spring change ;-)

Fingers crossed!!
Chassis: DCC / DG springs / UBQ, XBQ / SuperPro SupAloy A-arms, rear bushes, sway bars, engine & trans mounts. Transmish': Torque Solutions cable ends & bracket bushes / APR ss / delay delete & braided clutch line & spring delete / WotBox. Engine: / JB1 / Fluidamper / R600 full / Forge DV / Wagner IC / BCS turbo-back.

Last edited by LeGti; 11-04-2017 at 07:30 AM. Reason: They gave me the heart of a blonde...
LeGti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 04:32 PM   #522
ucfquattroguy

Drives: 2017 GTi
The VAQ hardware is the same p/n along with the control module. The only difference seems to be the "Acoustic wiring logic" adaptation setting in the Diff Lock module. It's been confirmed the PP and CS share the same setting. It's believed only the CSS has unique adaptation value "increased traction" if you're reading from a PP/CS car.
ucfquattroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 08:43 PM   #523
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
The BW FXD is used almost "as is" in the Seat Leon Cupra R TCR & MK7 Golf GTI TCR...apparently the only difference is the external case...

This might be because the unit has externally adjustable preload....with a recommended setting in the range of 50nm to 100nm....reading from the Seat TCR owners manual..
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 05:49 PM   #524
LeGti

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfquattroguy View Post
The VAQ hardware is the same p/n along with the control module. The only difference seems to be the "Acoustic wiring logic" adaptation setting in the Diff Lock module. It's been confirmed the PP and CS share the same setting. It's believed only the CSS has unique adaptation value "increased traction" if you're reading from a PP/CS car.

Hi, thanks for the info. Seemed to me the part numbers for the VAQ and DCC control module boxes had different part numbers, one for the Gti PP and another for the CSS...? I'll go back and check.

However, on my 2015 ROW (France in my case) manual transmission Gti PP, there is an "Increased traction" setting, which I enabled with VCDS. I'll see if I can take a screen capture for you.
Chassis: DCC / DG springs / UBQ, XBQ / SuperPro SupAloy A-arms, rear bushes, sway bars, engine & trans mounts. Transmish': Torque Solutions cable ends & bracket bushes / APR ss / delay delete & braided clutch line & spring delete / WotBox. Engine: / JB1 / Fluidamper / R600 full / Forge DV / Wagner IC / BCS turbo-back.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:52 PM   #525
LeGti

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfdave View Post
The BW FXD is used almost "as is" in the Seat Leon Cupra R TCR & MK7 Golf GTI TCR...apparently the only difference is the external case...

This might be because the unit has externally adjustable preload....with a recommended setting in the range of 50nm to 100nm....reading from the Seat TCR owners manual..

Wow, thanks for that!
Old 11-05-2017, 07:07 PM   #526
golfdave

Drives: Defensively, avoiding all the other idiots!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGti View Post
Wow, thanks for that!
No problems...
golfdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:34 AM   #527
replicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeGti View Post
Hi, thanks for the info. Seemed to me the part numbers for the VAQ and DCC control module boxes had different part numbers, one for the Gti PP and another for the CSS...? I'll go back and check.

However, on my 2015 ROW (France in my case) manual transmission Gti PP, there is an "Increased traction" setting, which I enabled with VCDS. I'll see if I can take a screen capture for you.
Thats the same Increased Traction setting that ucfquattroguy is talking about.