GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS

amgtorre

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi, I discovered this mod in the SEAT Leon 5F forums but I would imagine it's there for the MK7 as well but I don't think I've seen mention of it so far (or my search is broken...). Do we know anything if it's available for our cars and if it works indeed? Non-linear throttle has always been something I noticed in this and other VAG cars in the past and if this thing addresses it will be a mostly welcome change:

[Direct Acceleration - Throttle response]
With this mod, you can change the behavior of the accelerator. Option B provides a more linear acceleration without sudden deliveries.
1 - Module 44 - Power steering. Code (19249)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - switching driving profile
Choices :
A - Gradual, controlled by time
B - Directly controlled threshold value
I did this and love how the car drives!

I drive with partial throttle 99% of the time and the accelerator response as programmed from factory truly sucks, this changed it, it makes the response more predictable, it is now easy to drive in traffic

I have yet to try it driving fast, but I wouldn't think it has deteriorated the response, the car has always been good when going like a bat out of hell
Thanks !!!

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
I did this and love how the car drives!

I drive with partial throttle 99% of the time and the accelerator response as programmed from factory truly sucks, this changed it, it makes the response more predictable, it is now easy to drive in traffic

I have yet to try it driving fast, but I wouldn't think it has deteriorated the response, the car has always been good when going like a bat out of hell
Thanks !!!

I tried this while logging and it seemed to give me toque and boost later and inconsistently than with the factory setting. went back to the normal setting because others users commented on MPG dropping. While the MPG doesn't affect me, since i Run tons of E-85, It was enough to sway me back to factory setting.

piwi

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to do it?
In my MK7 Daylight Running Lights are now turning on while ignition is on. I would like to have my DRLs turning on after engine start. I do not have automatic lights.
Thanks in advance.
Greets

Last edited:

Chuang

Hi guys,
Does anyone know how to do it?
In my MK7 Daylight Running Lights are now turning on while ignition is on. I would like to have my DRLs turning on after engine start. I do not have automatic lights.
Thanks in advance.
Greets

There's an option which "Turns DRL Off with handbrake."
[09] Cent. Elect. / [16] Security 31347 / [10] Adaptation
(5)-Daytime running lights-Tagfahrlicht Dauerfahrlicht bei Handbremse abschalten > “active”

amgtorre

Passed Driver's Ed
I tried this while logging and it seemed to give me toque and boost later and inconsistently than with the factory setting. went back to the normal setting because others users commented on MPG dropping. While the MPG doesn't affect me, since i Run tons of E-85, It was enough to sway me back to factory setting.

Ramon,

I did some logs and noticed fast variations in the boost / torque, although the peaks are consistent with my previous logs, my explanation would be that my foot is not planted 100% to WOT and what I'm seeing is the oscillations of the road moving my foot on the accelerator pedal

MPG drop is not a surprise to me after we have been trained to really press on the throttle to get the car moving and then let go before the neck breaking reaction

piwi

Thanks Chuang,
but this solves the problem partly. It means that after turning on this option I should always start my engine with handbrake switched on.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Ramon,

I did some logs and noticed fast variations in the boost / torque, although the peaks are consistent with my previous logs, my explanation would be that my foot is not planted 100% to WOT and what I'm seeing is the oscillations of the road moving my foot on the accelerator pedal

MPG drop is not a surprise to me after we have been trained to really press on the throttle to get the car moving and then let go before the neck breaking reaction

Thanks for your review! I kinda feel the same and it makes sense. I guess I'm just used to the old way.

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
How do I turn my DRL's off when I turn my headlights on, but keep the DRLs on with my parking lights?

Hmm.......... not that difficult really!! :)

1, Look through the 2 x Leuchte-sets for the DRLs - this depends on the type of headlight fitting in your car (i.e. incandescent, or HID).
2, Identify the adaptation channel (on each Leuchte-set) that has the command Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) .
3. Change this setting to Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)

Don

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
Does anyone know if you can change the logo on the dot matrix MFI via VCDS? I have the standard VW logo on mine, but no welcome message as I've seen on other models.
Bump for anyone who can chime in on this.

Sent from my G3223 using Tapatalk

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Hmm.......... not that difficult really!! :)

1, Look through the 2 x Leuchte-sets for the DRLs - this depends on the type of headlight fitting in your car (i.e. incandescent, or HID).
2, Identify the adaptation channel (on each Leuchte-set) that has the command Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht; Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht) .
3. Change this setting to Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht; Begrenzungslicht)

Don

Don

Why would you think I can understand German when I can barely comprehend my own language?!

Seriously, you're the man.

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
Anyone know if I can activate the fatigue detection system under Driver Assistance menu via VCDS or it's not possible?

Thanks.

Chillout

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
SEAT Leon FR ST
Anyone know if I can activate the fatigue detection system under Driver Assistance menu via VCDS or it's not possible?

Thanks.

yes, this is possible. There are some settings in Gateway (module 19) to set this up, as well as Module 5F (infotainment). But.... if you're unlucky, it's disabled and can only be enabled as SWAP (software as a product) by the dealer

cgentil

Passed Driver's Ed
yes, this is possible. There are some settings in Gateway (module 19) to set this up, as well as Module 5F (infotainment)

Can you tell me the instructions?

Thanks.