GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Upcoming VTT Stock Location Turbo Upgrade Information / Intital Stock Flash Testing

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Let's see if you can blow the motor! Haha I'd actually love.to know the limits with a good tune. Obviously a bad tune can blow it real quick, but a solid tuner like UM could really push it :)

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
We have everything here to max the turbo. Bigger PI injectors, UM flashing cable, 4 bar map sensors, and going to put a doubel pump in the tank. Turn up the boost see what the turbo taps out at, and hit the strip...:)

Dang that'll be nice. I have 24.5" and 26" slicks. So if you need some rubber, you can borrow one of those.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Tony, is there a way to preorder the turbo and just pick up locally? There's a lot of people in your area that'd just like to drop by and pick up to save on shipping.

MyGolfMk7

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
B5 S4, Mk7 GTI
The common misconception is BB units spool better than JB units. This is usually not the case, or there is a very small difference. Where BB units shine is transient response meaning, the turbo slows down for say a shift, then it comes back on. They transition very well. So for say someone with an MT car, they will pick up time on the shifts, as they lose less boost between each shift because the turbo can recover faster. For a DSG this really doesn't matter you do not lose any boost on the shift anyway.

Count me among those who have been under the misconception that ball bearings accelerate quicker, have less constant speed friction loss, and decelerate more slowly, compared to journal bearings.

The better transient response is a result of the BB slowing less rapidly, leaving it at a higher rpm after a given time period, and accelerating more rapidly, which when combined with the higher end state rpm results in a desired higher rpm being reached more rapidly.

The percent improvement Garrett quotes for acceleration, 15%, is inline with what I have seen in other studies that compare BB with JB. The amount of time difference may not noticeable to the driver, but the measured difference is more than a 'very small difference'.

Quebster

Autocross Newbie
Count me among those who have been under the misconception that ball bearings accelerate quicker, have less constant speed friction loss, and decelerate more slowly, compared to journal bearings.

The better transient response is a result of the BB slowing less rapidly, leaving it at a higher rpm after a given time period, and accelerating more rapidly, which when combined with the higher end state rpm results in a desired higher rpm being reached more rapidly.

The percent improvement Garrett quotes for acceleration, 15%, is inline with what I have seen in other studies that compare BB with JB. The amount of time difference may not noticeable to the driver, but the measured difference is more than a 'very small difference'.

+1 to this. I think essentially it will only be a "very small difference" when on the dyno. Much bigger difference in the real world, and even bigger for us 6MT folk.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
+1 to this. I think essentially it will only be a "very small difference" when on the dyno. Much bigger difference in the real world, and even bigger for us 6MT folk.

Agreed

Vargasturbotech

Ready to race!
For anyone Pre-Ordering with the Black Friday coupon. The site can be slightly confusing. When you put your items in the cart, you MUST click view cart to put the code in. If you click directly to check out, there will not be an area to enter the code. Please see screenshots below!

Thanks!
VTT

Attachments

• C78F9369-40CA-4430-9369-41DCEDB1BC75.jpeg
    C78F9369-40CA-4430-9369-41DCEDB1BC75.jpeg
    83 KB · Views: 662
  • 2B0E8849-88E9-4917-84A3-5CD7B3511C2E.jpeg
    2B0E8849-88E9-4917-84A3-5CD7B3511C2E.jpeg
    80.2 KB · Views: 663
  • D2CC7D41-4CA7-4956-9FDE-6EBD09C07FBA.jpeg
    D2CC7D41-4CA7-4956-9FDE-6EBD09C07FBA.jpeg
    58.6 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:

H22hatch

Ready to race!
For anyone buying VTT products with the Black Friday coupon. The site can be slightly confusing. When you put your items in the cart, you MUST click view cart to put the code in. If you click directly to check out, there will not be an area to enter the code. Please see screenshots below!

Thank you!
VTT

Great!! So does that mean the price you decided on is 1600 for the turbo? Just want to make sure before I order.

pieguy

Ready to race!
Pulled the trigger. Can't wait till they're ready and ship out.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk