GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**Gun Enthusiast Thread**

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, can’t beat Cabela’s. I am looking to firing my $669 Savage 10 Ashbury Precision for the first time on Thanksgiving morning. My Burris XTR II 5-25 was delivered today.

armedferret

Ready to race!
It used to be you couldn't beat Cabela's. Now that Bass Pro owns 'em though, I'm not so sure. I don't blame the Cabela family for saying "screw this" and getting out, of course, just not a fan of BPS (they nearly caused a really good friend of mine, who held a clearance above Top Secret for 30+ years, to go to jail because of their incompetence).

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
It used to be you couldn't beat Cabela's. Now that Bass Pro owns 'em though, I'm not so sure. I don't blame the Cabela family for saying "screw this" and getting out, of course, just not a fan of BPS (they nearly caused a really good friend of mine, who held a clearance above Top Secret for 30+ years, to go to jail because of their incompetence).

You can usually find better deals elsewhere for sure, and the freaking take-a-number-and-wait-an-hour before anyone will talk to you policy is maddening, but in this one instance I couldn’t pass up the deal: Savage Ashbury for $669. Here she is. I was going to zero it down in Mardela Springs this morning but it was too cold - lol:

Build sheet:
Savage Ashbury Precison rifle, 6.5 creedmoor
Accu-Shot Atlas PSR bipod
Accu-Shot monopod
Luth-AR MBA-3 stock
APA Little Bastard Gen2 brake
Burris XTR II 5-25x50 scope
Leupold Mk4 rings
Holland's scope level
Chainsaw bayonet

Hoon

Autocross Champion
^^ Let me know if you're handloading, i have a lot of experience with 6.5 CM.

Break it in properly, work up a decent handload, and you should have no problem getting into the .3x MOA range.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
^^ Let me know if you're handloading, i have a lot of experience with 6.5 CM.

Break it in properly, work up a decent handload, and you should have no problem getting into the .3x MOA range.

I bought three factory offerings to start with: Hornady Match in 140 and 147 grain and Win Match 140. Proper break-in will be done. If/when I begin reloading I may take you up on your e-advice; thanks!

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Nice rifle.

I prefer budsgunshop.com for anything firearm related, personally.

In the latest, I have a Performance Center 627 5" on the way. ".357 Mag 8 Times"

Indoor range, here I(reluctantly) come.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
If you end up at DSC and the short RSO is there, tell him Mark says hi. He's a little weird but he's good people. ;)

Here's me shooting my Afghan Martini-Henry last time we were there. Forgive the delay, the trigger was about 79 pounds or so. :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RaN52lmTJfU

That RSO is pretty humorous. He treats everyone like a three year old, understandably for a public range. He gets much nicer when he sees that you don’t flag the firing line with the business end of your rifle or shoot your handgun sideways. His biggest peeve is people shooting up his target frames. :p

My biggest peeve is idiots shooting on my target, which happened twice on Saturday. I was about to butt stroke them the second time.

armedferret

Ready to race!
you really wanna get on his good side, a horse mask or a yugo SKS with practice grenades and blanks is a surefire way :D

i've had people shoot my target before. usually asking them very loudly if they put the target up, followed with "THEN WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING IT?!??!" fixes it.

having been there plenty, and let Mike shoot many of my toys (bumpfiring the shorty AKs always gets a laugh), i get a lot of latitude to just do my thing. he'll even have me watch the line when it's cold and he's using the ATV to run stuff out to 300 (like the car hood a friend took on the 19th). :D

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
you really wanna get on his good side, a horse mask or a yugo SKS with practice grenades and blanks is a surefire way :D

i've had people shoot my target before. usually asking them very loudly if they put the target up, followed with "THEN WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING IT?!??!" fixes it.

having been there plenty, and let Mike shoot many of my toys (bumpfiring the shorty AKs always gets a laugh), i get a lot of latitude to just do my thing. he'll even have me watch the line when it's cold and he's using the ATV to run stuff out to 300 (like the car hood a friend took on the 19th). :D

Car hood’s still at the 300. I was shooting at the white square steel to its left. Too easy with the 6.5 creedmoor. I ran out of time to shoot 500 yards but will next time.

armedferret

Ready to race!
Car hood’s still at the 300. I was shooting at the white square steel to its left. Too easy with the 6.5 creedmoor. I ran out of time to shoot 500 yards but will next time.

Nice!

And yeah, even my MATEN in .308 is boring on the 300-yard steel.

Do they have steel at 5 yet? I honestly haven't even asked.....

armedferret

Ready to race!
Neither is without their flaws. But Bud's is especially fucktarded when it comes to MD. They get sent hard-copy letters directly from the Maryland State Police...NOT MSP letters sent from individuals, but MSP actually personally writes to Bud's and says ______ is completely lawful to own, buy, sell, transfer, etc. in the state of Maryland. They still say "nope, it's illegal there, you can't have it."

Probably 60% of what I shoot nowadays is handloads (the rest is russian surplus that i pick up wherever it's cheapest). I have a honey hole in PA I visit frequently to pick up powder/primers/projectiles. They're a non-corporate sporting goods store (family-owned) whose prices are typically equal to, if not better than, online prices. Plus the drive up and back is still less than shipping usually runs with hazmat etc. And I like my car, so.....win-win-win. Support a family-owned local business, great prices, and an excuse for a road trip on some great winding roads (fuck the interstates). :D

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
Neither is without their flaws. But Bud's is especially fucktarded when it comes to MD. They get sent hard-copy letters directly from the Maryland State Police...NOT MSP letters sent from individuals, but MSP actually personally writes to Bud's and says ______ is completely lawful to own, buy, sell, transfer, etc. in the state of Maryland. They still say "nope, it's illegal there, you can't have it."

Probably 60% of what I shoot nowadays is handloads (the rest is russian surplus that i pick up wherever it's cheapest). I have a honey hole in PA I visit frequently to pick up powder/primers/projectiles. They're a non-corporate sporting goods store (family-owned) whose prices are typically equal to, if not better than, online prices. Plus the drive up and back is still less than shipping usually runs with hazmat etc. And I like my car, so.....win-win-win. Support a family-owned local business, great prices, and an excuse for a road trip on some great winding roads (fuck the interstates). :D
That is legally retarded on their part, wow. Why lose out on the sales to MD if they can legally send them there? Seems really dumb.

I get it man, and I support my local outdoor supply store plenty. I wish to get into reloading eventually, and I live in Ohio, so maybe when I do I could check out said honey hole. I like honey.