GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 vs Genesis...

vincevtr

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
They both have their advantages/disadvantages.
Genesis
+ RWD
+ Good power from stock enough to satisfy majority of people
+ 6 cylinders sound better than 4
- have to spend decent $$$ to get any major improvement in performance

GTI
+ Better mpg
+ Responds extremely well to mods ($1500 in mods will completely dust the genesis with equal value in mods)
+ 4 door option
+ hatchback practicality
+ lightweight handling
- FWD
- Stock v Stock the genesis is prob a tad quicker (non-pp)
- doesnt look as "sporty" or "racecar" as the genesis (this could be a pro to some)

bjarvis6336

Passed Driver's Ed
The only thing good about a Genesis coupe in comparison is looks and RWD. Everything else is worse, trust me I've owned two and modified them extensively just to still be disappointed with the performance.

Unreal1

Autocross Champion
They both have their advantages/disadvantages.
Genesis
+ RWD
+ Good power from stock enough to satisfy majority of people
+ 6 cylinders sound better than 4
- have to spend decent $$$ to get any major improvement in performance

GTI
+ Better mpg
+ Responds extremely well to mods ($1500 in mods will completely dust the genesis with equal value in mods)
+ 4 door option
+ hatchback practicality
+ lightweight handling
- FWD
- Stock v Stock the genesis is prob a tad quicker (non-pp)
- doesnt look as "sporty" or "racecar" as the genesis (this could be a pro to some)

The GTI does not have light weight handling at high speeds. You will feel the heavy front bias in high speed corners, especially stock the car constantly wants to push. Modded, there's still no getting around the limits of a fwd car. Which is better comes down to preference.

For me, the GTI is extremely capable but there's nothing about it that feels sporty. Doesn't compare to cars like the FRS or 370z in terms of sport feel.

You'd be better off asking this question at a neutral forum like GRM, as an example.

mk6-k

Ready to race!
The GTI and Genesis are great cars, I have a 16 GTI with some work, but it doesn't even come close to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RM82SGikwfg
You could be in one of these, notch body, Coyote engine, Tremec 6 speed Trans and Ford 9 inch rear and wheels/tires for under $20,000. For kicks and grins if you want to do the twisties, add a Maximum Motorsports IRS and tires for another $4000 and you could have some fun. Most of these cars are set up for the strip and run in the 10's, plus they sounds better. I know I like mine.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Lol^^^ holy shit has this thread derailed. Heck if we are gonna go there, we should all dive in the junk yards right now and grab some chassis from various vehicles, buying n swapping engines n trannies online, letting only our imagination limit what we could build up for a 100% fun car.

On to reality... the gti is great at what it is. Daily driver. Creature comforts. Decent tech. Respectable performance, highly tunable, overall great car.

Genesis is a korean made rwd sport coupe thats been labeled fun to drive by previous owners, has some decent performance and if you dump enough money could be a fairly fast car. Overall its a sporty fun choice in the rwd car dept.

2 different classes of cars, BUY what makes you happy.
Ok carry on.