GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Screen size for the SAT NAV?

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
This is 5.8" screen, do you have to pay more for the 8" on an R or is it factory? Anyone have the 8" for comparison?

This is inside an R btw.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
If you want the larger 8" screen, here in the UK, it costs an extra £1,765 as its part of the Discover Pro Nav/Radio factory option.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
oh okay, so you pay extra, gotcha. any pics of it? Im not sure what I would google lol..

For the extra money, it is not just the screen size, you get dvd player, higher res screen, 3d graphics on the nav, 10gb hard drive, voice control, 3rd sd card slot and probably more , suspect there maybe a wifi hotspot or some use of the data from a mobile phone as some screen shots show similar to google satellite views.

Vancity2Constantinople

2.Sloooo n loww
Car(s)
2010 Golf 2.5L Sport
For the extra money, it is not just the screen size, you get dvd player, higher res screen, 3d graphics on the nav, 10gb hard drive, voice control, 3rd sd card slot and probably more , suspect there maybe a wifi hotspot or some use of the data from a mobile phone as some screen shots show similar to google satellite views.

lots of features, nice. :)

Russkiya

Passed Driver's Ed
No wifi hotspot in UK spec Golf 7's.
There are only 2 SD card slots, but the maps are on the hard drive, so don't need to reserve one of the SD slots for map data. Maps are updated by downloading onto SD card and loaded onto the Pro. This card can be removed after the data is loaded, and reused for something else.

Voice recognition is included as standard with the Pro so, if you wanted it you, don't need to pay any extra.

The 10GB hard drive is for Music & Video. The actual hard drive size is 40gb (if my memory serves me correctly) the remaining space is reserved for map data,POI's and car software. The map data alone for Europe on the Pro is about 17-18gb. On the 5.8" Discover it is a lot less.

The google Satellite views are from the versions with carnet installed. (Not available in the UK Golfs. (But maybe available in the hybrid/electric Golfs.)

Hope that makes thing a bit clearer.