GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 08-28-2017, 05:12 PM   #52
KevinC

Drives: '16 Golf R, '05 ZHP Coupé
Quote:
Originally Posted by pitterchi View Post
Its a factory installed accessory on the maroney. Not a standard feature. Just like the Monster mats and the Cargo system, VW and all other manufacturers do this.
Yes, I realize it's listed on the accessory side. VW didn't offer the Homelink mirror this way until VERY recently - people have been clamoring for the damn thing since the Mk7 came stateside in 2015. Until now, the only way to get one was to buy the part and install the damn thing yourself, which was no simple task.
Old 08-29-2017, 04:17 PM   #53
ReadTheBook

Drives: '90 Cabby '15 Golf SE Sport, CSG '17 GTI Sport
In case anyone needs an A-pillar trim removal DIY for MK7 Golf or GTI, I made this one a few months ago. The original one that's been on the forums forever is no longer showing images due to Photobucket's BS.

DIY Gallery Link
https://imgur.com/gallery/kmxko
CSG '17 GTI Sport | H&R OE Sport Springs | Bilstein B8 | EuroCode FSB 25mm | Eibach RSB 25mm | Neuspeed RSe12 | Clubsport Center Caps | Continental 235 | OEM Folding Mirrors | SunTek CXP 35/18 | aFe | DeAuto | SoundSkin Pro | Helix SoundBox | A119 DashCam | RGM Guards | OBDEleven'd |
ReadTheBook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #54
abt12

Drives: 2017 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruzmisl View Post
One thing to consider is that the 2017s have a longer mount than the 2016s. The "C" that I bought for my 2017 is for 2015-16, and as far as I can tell there aren't any right trim pieces that will make it work without modification with a dremel tool. I assume the reverse would be the same in using a 2017 mirror on a 2015-16.

Since I want to use the right pieces, I have an "F" on order for my 2017 and will be selling the 2015-16 "C" after I get it installed next week.
Let me know if that works for you. I have the 2017 R without DAP but with rain sensing wipers, so I was assuming "C" but it sounds like "F" may actually be the right one.

Last edited by abt12; 08-30-2017 at 02:11 AM.
abt12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2017, 03:17 AM   #55
pitterchi

Drives: 2017 GTI Sport DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinC View Post
Yes, I realize it's listed on the accessory side. VW didn't offer the Homelink mirror this way until VERY recently - people have been clamoring for the damn thing since the Mk7 came stateside in 2015. Until now, the only way to get one was to buy the part and install the damn thing yourself, which was no simple task.
Ahh, I guess the mirror is new. I did the install myself. You just need to be brave in removing trim pieces off the car. Once you do it though, its no big deal. The car is literally snapped on together lol.

The security screws are the hardest part IMO. Making sure you don't lose them... The DAP video is pretty good as well as the pictures ReadtheBook just shared. Great job ReadtheBook!

A little piece of advice, if you're planning on doing this install yourself, its a great time to install a dash cam too. Makes it so much easier to hide the wires safely behind the airbag with the A pillar trim removed.
pitterchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:03 PM   #56
mmahon

Drives: 2017 GTI
I have a 2017 GTI Autobahn, without DAP. Is the F model the one I want?
mmahon is offline   Reply With Quote