GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Roof Rack Recommendations

Cuzin Eddie

I have the OEM and I love the simplicity of use. I put PPF on the areas where the racks touch the car and where the fairing sits on the hood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

drewsro

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a Thule Rapid System rack (older square bars) that I will be putting on my car. I used it on a previous car so this was my cheapest route. Got the foot kit 1710 and bought a 44" Thule fairing. Fairing's come in different sizes and after doing some research, 44" is the size that fits best on our cars (haven't confirmed yet, but looks to be right). I also bought some clear vinyl wrap to cut strips from to put on the paint where the fairing touches the roof.

I use a hitch for my bikes, but will be using the rack for kayaks. Hitch is way better for bikes than roof racks. Saris Freedom Superclamp 2

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
Whispbar are good but there is an equivalent Thule model now (for extra cash of course). (We have the estate car so it's easier to fit of course and less model specific.)

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I caught a sale on my Thule Force L and paid about $380 shipped from Autoanything (or something like that)

Anyway here's my cheap Amazon J hooks in use. $40 and they work great (I bought better straps for $6)

TNug

I caught a sale on my Thule Force L and paid about $380 shipped from Autoanything (or something like that)

Anyway here's my cheap Amazon J hooks in use. $40 and they work great (I bought better straps for $6)
Do the Thule bases use the locating dimples in the door arches like the OEM bars? How much weight are they rated for and how much do your 2 kayaks weigh?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Breukelyn

I have the OEM and I love the simplicity of use. I put PPF on the areas where the racks touch the car and where the fairing sits on the hood.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Your setup is perfect, if you don't mind me asking which cargo box is that? Looks like Thule Motion but what size?