GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DeAutoKey HID bulbs D3S

16AutobahnGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Does anyone have the deAutoKey HID bulbs in there car? Can anyone attest to those versus CBI HID bulbs? I want something more white-Blue like the fogs, rather than the warmer OEM ones, but scared they won’t be 100% pain free if I make the switch from my factory ones to the deAutoKey ones. I’m concerned it’ll work with the factory ballast and wiring, and they won’t blow out after a couple weeks, and such. Feedback is appreciated

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
Thanks for asking, they are fairly popular so there should be customers here that can hopefully help with feedback - here is another customer review of CBI Vs deAutoLED D3S in a CC - same bulb type.

-These DO work with OEM adapter/wiring.

Differences:
-Ours a true white right out the box, NO break-in times
-bright - so you do not loose any visibility with the 5500k color temp

Ok so I saw that DeAutokey had new bulbs and I immediately wanted them. Don't get me wrong the oem cc adaptive headlights are great. I just wanted them to be a bit whiter (more like the new led headlights color on other cars acura,mb,bmw,mazda, etc.)

I opted for the 5500k and am very happy with the outcome. I just put them in 5 min ago so I haven't seen them at night but from looking at oem and this it looks great.

Here is a picture of the DeAutokey 5500k on the left and oem color on the right. The color matches the drl led better too. The garage wall is gray so the color may be off but it looks pure white with a hint of blue.

Found this YouTube video (not mine do at your own risk/will) props to the guy who made it.

https://youtu.be/rst7XCk6Ids

So I went around looking through forums and such and many recommend the Sylvania osram bulbs if you were replacing oem bulbs. So I got them to compare to the deautokey ones.

My garage wall is gray and camera doesn't truly get the color but you can tell the difference.

This is at startup car is off.

Here is after 2min and the car is on bulbs now fully warmed up

You can see the osram on the left is more yellow than the deautokey on the right. As far as brightness goes they are equal if not deautokey is a tad brighter. This is their 5500k color. In person the color is pure white with a hint of blue. Way better than oem imo

Don't mind the dirty headlight

So overall I'm very happy with the deautokey set that I bought. And it costs less than the Sylvania osram. Another reason I like them is every other bulb so far has been great and deautokey is an active member on here and backs their product.

Hope this helps

5500k looking great!

Hatchback_warrior

I just recently purchased my '17 GTI Sport with the Bi-Xenon headlights... would the D3S 5500K be plug and play with the stock Lighting Package housing?

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I just recently purchased my '17 GTI Sport with the Bi-Xenon headlights... would the D3S 5500K be plug and play with the stock Lighting Package housing?

Yes our D3S are all plug and play error free in the OEM LP/Xenon housing.

Thanks for the question