GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Golf-R Stage 3+ APR vs. Supercharged S550 Mustang GT

USA

Ready to race!
So went out with a couple new Mustang GTs one was lightly modded and tuned. The other Roush S/Cd with all bolt ons. He was running out of fuel and only shifting at 6000-6100 rpms so he was not running to potential. We were nose to nose pulling on highway. He is going E85 and smaller pulley this week. So I will not run him again til the APR built engine is under hood soon. Both of these Mustang buddies of mine were making fun of my car. Until this morning. :) Got a chance to use paddle shifters today (car only has 900 miles on her) and love them. I am doing this on stock clutch pack buy the way. Shop recommended not installing the SSP clutch pack til engine install. This car is a blast.

digilio86

Ready to race!
So went out with a couple new Mustang GTs one was lightly modded and tuned. The other Roush S/Cd with all bolt ons. He was running out of fuel and only shifting at 6000-6100 rpms so he was not running to potential. We were nose to nose pulling on highway. He is going E85 and smaller pulley this week. So I will not run him again til the APR built engine is under hood soon. Both of these Mustang buddies of mine were making fun of my car. Until this morning. :) Got a chance to use paddle shifters today (car only has 900 miles on her) and love them. I am doing this on stock clutch pack buy the way. Shop recommended not installing the SSP clutch pack til engine install. This car is a blast.

Nice! I bet the car is a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
Damn man, I bet your car is a rocket! I’m in McKinney, I’d LOVE to see this beast! Can’t imagine what it’s going to be like after the built engine!

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice bud, you sure don’t mess around waiting lol. Look forward to the rest of your build and surely future videos. None of your Mustang buds will be laughing off a stoplight already, jaws will just drop!

USA

Ready to race!
Nice! I bet the car is a blast.

Thank you. very much so.

Damn man, I bet your car is a rocket! I’m in McKinney, I’d LOVE to see this beast! Can’t imagine what it’s going to be like after the built engine!

We were in McKinney yesterday off of Virginia Street getting windows tinted. Looking for local Golf-R members.

Nice bud, you sure don’t mess around waiting lol. Look forward to the rest of your build and surely future videos. None of your Mustang buds will be laughing off a stoplight already, jaws will just drop!
This 71mm APR turbo is very nice. But I can already tell that it aint enough. I am hoping that APR can provide an E85 tune or I will be swapping this kit for another. Ordering built long block this week.

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Nice bud, e85 would be awesome for you with a built block and upgraded clutch packs, not sure if apr will offer a tune though. Ya might have to go to UM for that tuning, they’ll upsell ya on their (gm) flex fuel sensor kit and tune maybe, or soon enough you’ll probably be able to use a Cobb tuner to upload a custom dyno tune assuming you know a tuner down there you trust on your vw/dope ass setup.

If ya swap out kits and take a decent loss, let me know on the used apr turbo kit lol

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!
We were in McKinney yesterday off of Virginia Street getting windows tinted. Looking for local Golf-R members.

I’m the little brother to the R, Stage 1 GTI here. I live by the Baylor off 380. Have yet to meet up with any local MK7’s. I’ll be at the upcoming cars and coffee. Hit me up if you ever want to meet up man! Can’t wait to see your build progress, very impressive!

USA

Ready to race!
Nice bud, e85 would be awesome for you with a built block and upgraded clutch packs, not sure if apr will offer a tune though. Ya might have to go to UM for that tuning, they’ll upsell ya on their (gm) flex fuel sensor kit and tune maybe, or soon enough you’ll probably be able to use a Cobb tuner to upload a custom dyno tune assuming you know a tuner down there you trust on your vw/dope ass setup.

If ya swap out kits and take a decent loss, let me know on the used apr turbo kit lol
I talked with Fred at UM he has a dealer in Houston Bar Tuning. Very nice guy at Bar Tuning. To use his tuning I would have to drive there and have some mechanical work done. I am with a APR Super dealer Blair Automotive. Best shop I have ever experienced. Really great group of guys and talented. I hope UM will offer their tuning out of this shop. Crossing my fingers.

I’m the little brother to the R, Stage 1 GTI here. I live by the Baylor off 380. Have yet to meet up with any local MK7’s. I’ll be at the upcoming cars and coffee. Hit me up if you ever want to meet up man! Can’t wait to see your build progress, very impressive!

Cars n Coffee is not my thing. But I would be interested in meeting up sometime. The GTI curb weight makes them pretty damn quick. I am close to 121/NDT

Obakong

Ready to race!
I talked with Fred at UM he has a dealer in Houston Bar Tuning. Very nice guy at Bar Tuning. To use his tuning I would have to drive there and have some mechanical work done. I am with a APR Super dealer Blair Automotive. Best shop I have ever experienced. Really great group of guys and talented. I hope UM will offer their tuning out of this shop. Crossing my fingers.

Cars n Coffee is not my thing. But I would be interested in meeting up sometime. The GTI curb weight makes them pretty damn quick. I am close to 121/NDT

What does 121/NDT mean?

MKVIISpec

Ready to race!

Asfa

Passed Driver's Ed
We have a few Rs and GTIs in Austin , I might go to Dallas and check out the local scene there . I think there is an event ( imports face off ) this weekend at Texas motorplex in Ennis