GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Official Illinois Spotted Thread

RoyB2

Ready to race!
Spotted a white 2017 R in buffalo grove. Looks like they live there. Has been on the driveway for a few days now by my buddies near the Target.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
Drive every morning and afternoon to and from work down oakton in des plaines area.... always see a seemingly stock tornado red gti parked in the same plaza parking lot (probably works at one of the stores) right across from Maine west highschool. As a vw lover, I notice these things. And it's usually always parked side by side next to a grey new WRX.... must be buddies or coworkers.... well, that's all folks lol

My job recently moved into that area, and I have seen the same red GTI and gray WRX several times as I sometimes go to a place in that plaza for lunch. They must work in there, if you see them going to and from and I see them at lunch time.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Lapiz Blue Golf R last night @ ~9pm on Cicero by Midway. LED tails, europlate under your regular plate, exhaust, probably more - it was dark out.

You flew by me like an ass with your blinker stuck on, everyone was laughing at you...

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Been seeing a carbon steel GTI over the past few days on County Line and Caton Farm in Joliet when I've been going to work. It may well be my old one, as I traded in a 16 GTI S for a 17 Lapiz Blue Golf R.

Yesterday coming home from work on I-55 I was stuck in traffic around a white GTI, had to be an SE or Autobahn because it had a sunroof, and it also had red mirror caps and aftermarket rims.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
I've seen the same red GTI this whole week on I-55 northbound going to work in the morning. The car has blacked out logos, window tint, and a tow hook plate holder with the Bears license plates.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
White Golf R on Weber Road around Romeoville, it was slammed and had an exhaust for sure. Just caught sight of it when it was turning onto a side road.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
I saw a really great looking TR Mk VII R today on northbound 294, around 1:00 PM. It was lowered, had euro tails and aftermarket exhaust. I'm guessing it was tuned as well. We cruised together from near O'Hare until I got off at Deerfield Road. Great looking car.

elwood1

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2024 GTI SE DSG
Drive every morning and afternoon to and from work down oakton in des plaines area.... always see a seemingly stock tornado red gti parked in the same plaza parking lot (probably works at one of the stores) right across from Maine west high school. As a vw lover, I notice these things. And it's usually always parked side by side next to a grey new WRX.... must be buddies or coworkers.... well, that's all folks lol

At one point today around lunch time, there was the red MK VII GTI mentioned above, another MK VII GTI (gray), and my R. Talked to the guy in the gray GTI, forgot to ask if he was on any forums.

deathmonkey

Passed Driver's Ed
Driving to work today traffic was backed up on Des Plaines Ave just north of Cermak in Forest Park, and got caught next to a red GTI sport. I waved and he waved back, looked like he was hauling some drums. Those wheels on the sport really look good, first time I saw them in person!

dre1615

Ready to race!
Yesterday, Memorial Day, walked out of Marianos (Vernon Hills) to my TR GTI with my daughter and a blue golf R with RSe10's was parked a few spots away. Dark wheels on the Golf R blue completely changes the look of the car, almost makes the shade of blue appear different. Looked awesome

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Yesterday, Memorial Day, walked out of Marianos (Vernon Hills) to my TR GTI with my daughter and a blue golf R with RSe10's was parked a few spots away. Dark wheels on the Golf R blue completely changes the look of the car, almost makes the shade of blue appear different. Looked awesome
Not me but Is it you I always see out in the BK/Jewl parking lot every so often?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

dre1615

Ready to race!
Not me but Is it you I always see out in the BK/Jewl parking lot every so often?

Been there but I wouldn't say frequently. I have a 4 door TR on 18" gunmetal RSe10's. Blackhawk's plate. You'd only see me on weekends, car pretty much stays in the garage during the week.

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Been there but I wouldn't say frequently. I have a 4 door TR on 18" gunmetal RSe10's. Blackhawk's plate. You'd only see me on weekends, car pretty much stays in the garage during the week.
Ah must be another I see it during the week on the way to work. I also have a TR good color choice!