GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR low torque file and DSG

rllu

There are a few threads on this topic with statements as 'any tune can potentially cause DSG slip' but not too many objective posts.

I was just wondering how many of you are actually having issues. Please post which tune you have and at what miles after getting tuned did you begin to experience problems. If you are 6MT please specify. Thanks!

tonipepperoni77

Drag Race Newbie
You won't notice it on low TorQue or stage 1 the only chance of it happening is when you are the stage two high torque level and even still. But that's why they have tcu tunes to help with it. Our clutch packs in the dsg are rated for about 400 foot pounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
You won't notice it on low TorQue or stage 1 the only chance of it happening is when you are the stage two high torque level and even still. But that's why they have tcu tunes to help with it. Our clutch packs in the dsg are rated for about 400 foot pounds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Really? I've heard higher numbers than 400. I hope they are higher than 400 since supposedly my stage 2 HT does 409.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
DSG holds the power even at stage 2 levels with no issues at all,now manual that's a whole new problem stock clutch is garbage

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
I don't think the issue is with the DSG holding. It just needs the TCU tune to increase clamping pressure to avoid slip.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
Yes I agree

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
So I'm assuming all of you who replied are tuned with DSG and have no issues?

I've got 14600 km on my R and 13000km have been tuned with no issues

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Some people have problems with stage 1. It's a crap shoot. If you want to be reasonably sure you won't need to pay for a clutch pack get a piggyback.

rllu

Some people have problems with stage 1. It's a crap shoot. If you want to be reasonably sure you won't need to pay for a clutch pack get a piggyback.

Are you tuned? Yes, from all the other threads I've searched it seems like a crap shoot, but I really wanted a thread to compile who really has had problems and in what time frame... Hopefully this way we can have a better idea?

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
He's tuned on life

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
But he is knowledgeable

R Golf

Go Kart Champion
I just had an APR Stage 1 done with DSG. I did a lot of research, and my mechanic has tons of APR experience. He said the hi torque Stage 1 is fine with DSG.

I use my R on the track as well as lots of mileage as a daily driver. I also keep my cars for a long time, so reliability is very important for me. I started a thread asking for responses from people with APR tunes over 20K miles and all were very positive.
http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28940

One thing I rarely (almost never) do is stop light drags. If I was into that, I probably would have gotten the TCU as well, because that puts huge stress on the clutches.

biglilsteve

Ready to race!
The TCU is about so much more than just increased clamping pressure.

- Takeoff smoothness is vastly improved.
- The 1-2 shift which was typically jerky for me is vastly improved.
- Shift points are much more intuitive. The car no longer races to higher gears and likes to keep you around a minimum of 2000rpm so you are closer to the power.
- Shifts overall are just faster.

It's worth the $700. If you're getting an ECU tune, there's no reason to skip the TCU besides being cheap. And oftentimes, being cheap costs you a lot more later in many facets of life.

Chronic

Go Kart Champion
All I got to say is that if you are dsg the ecu/tcu go hand in hand if you don't have it,you really don't get what the people that do have it are really talking about it really is like night and day

As for stop light drags 4700 launch control....lol awesome and 6800 redline