GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Linear Eibachs for GTI

MK7 AP2

Go Kart Newbie
wow are those listed wrong?? why is it so hard to list these springs correctly?

If you look at the UK link autobahn_don posted, these fit everything from an Audi A3, Seat Leon (lol wut?), and a bunch of Golf variations. Really strange how they vary between markets though, why did there even need to be a progressive US version specific for GTI?

I think it's the street, look at the curb angle from left to right.
Good call.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I mean this in the most polite way I can, but you suck...
Auugh, that Is what I want...

This is with the yellow Koni?
I have been tempted to buy the B12 cup kit, which I believe has the same springs but the B8's.

How much does it effect daily driving, pot holes and curbs into driveways?

Edit: I think the slant is the road, unless the photographer is wearing one shoe... there is a slant.
Pushing the weight forward...

Street is slanted. This is with the Koni yellows. I fell asleep on the couch instead of driving around tonight, so we'll see tomorrow. There is one particular transition on my commute home that has a huge dip that I hit going about 80, so that should be fun.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
Street is slanted. This is with the Koni yellows. I fell asleep on the couch instead of driving around tonight, so we'll see tomorrow. There is one particular transition on my commute home that has a huge dip that I hit going about 80, so that should be fun.

How did you set up your yellows? And yeah hitting a dip at 80 is a respectable test.

Yellows and eibachs should be solid. Nice. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Can you take a pic dead on the wheel wells like the following two pics? This is the drop my mk5 had and what I'm looking for on my mk7.

https://i.imgur.com/aT6OOwj.jpg

https://imgur.com/qhgCVuJ.jpg

Front: https://i.imgur.com/7zItGXl.jpg
Rear: https://i.imgur.com/JBzcUuG.jpg

I'm in a DSG with a 30lb intercooler, so rake is going to be more than a manual.

How did you set up your yellows? And yeah hitting a dip at 80 is a respectable test.

Yellows and eibachs should be solid. Nice. [emoji106]

I asked for 3/4 turn from soft rear and 1/2 from soft front. My mechanic seemed a little wishy washy about the rears, as he expected a detent engagement for adjusting. It's possible he didn't depress the shock all the way to adjust, so they may be as they were from factory. Any idea what they are set to from factory?

The feel was a little harsher than I'd like this morning, more transitions and bumps were transferred to the chassis on my commute. Body roll was fantastic though. Didn't get a chance to push it around any 270 degree off ramps, traffic was heavy. I'll give it 500 miles to break-in, then if its still stiff, will probably adjust the front and rear myself to full soft, just to get a feel for the difference.

Last edited:

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Thanks for posting those pics. Decisions decisions, DG or Euro Eibachs.....

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
How’s the ride?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
How’s the ride?

Fantastic around corners, but certainly not as plush over bumps. Nothing feels harsh, there is just more road feel. I'm going to keep tweaking the front dampers till I figure out what works best for me, then probably adjust the rears once I have a better understanding of the interaction of parts.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Any updates after a few more days with the car?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Any updates after a few more days with the car?

Liking it more now that the Koni's have settled in some. Still a little bouncy but that's probably the price to pay for linear springs which are never jarring and still have plenty of travel. Shocks can be adjusted stiffer to tame the bounce at the price of a bit more feedback from small bumps. I'm not sure I'd do anything differently given the choice, but really I'd need to ride on more setups to know. Going back over my spring list, the 034's look like a pretty awesome solution with their tender coils in the rear and they ride linear as well. Pricey for springs though (like nearly everything 034 makes).

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
Liking it more now that the Koni's have settled in some. Still a little bouncy but that's probably the price to pay for linear springs which are never jarring and still have plenty of travel. Shocks can be adjusted stiffer to tame the bounce at the price of a bit more feedback from small bumps. I'm not sure I'd do anything differently given the choice, but really I'd need to ride on more setups to know. Going back over my spring list, the 034's look like a pretty awesome solution with their tender coils in the rear and they ride linear as well. Pricey for springs though (like nearly everything 034 makes).

034 springs are much like USA Eibach Pro Kit Springs.
If interested in 034 why did you not use Eibach USA compared to Eibach Europe?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
034 springs are much like USA Eibach Pro Kit Springs.
If interested in 034 why did you not use Eibach USA compared to Eibach Europe?

I don't think they are terribly similar. The US Eibach's are going to ride like progressive springs with a tighter coiling at the bottom in front and rear. I don't believe they have dead coils, just varying rates. The 034 springs are going to ride like linear springs front and back, with no dead coils up front, but dead coils in the rear.

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
demi9od

A month on, are you still satisfied with the springs? Any new pics now that they may have settled?