GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Michelin Pilot Sport 4S

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
Ordered mine today too. I was told May before the Michelin deals would be back so nice surprise.

Tech test driving your car though?? Never heard of Costco doing that. Did you notice wear marks on the sidewalls? ;)

The Stig2

Ready to race!
Ordered mine today too. I was told May before the Michelin deals would be back so nice surprise.

Tech test driving your car though?? Never heard of Costco doing that. Did you notice wear marks on the sidewalls? ;)

It was basically a very quick loop around a single row of parking bays as he was driving the car from the workshop to the parking bay for me to take it back. Obviously the tech’s have to drive it out the workshop, but I too was surprised he never just took a direct route from the shop to a parking bay, but the loop he did was very short (was NOT round the whole parking lot). I figured this was standard procedure? Anyone else seen the techs doing this?

Last edited:

ChronicSPD

Ready to race!
I've been running these tires for a couple weeks in 245/40/18 and they are great. I came from stock size Michelin AS3+ (also great) and didn't expect the change to be so dramatic. I can attest that they still do well in the cold, I jumped the gun and threw them on the car a little too early. Several nights in the 30s lately wet, dry, and even sleet. No issues to speak of (still not recommended). Traction is the top of first is a welcome change lol

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
It was basically a very quick loop around a single row of parking bays as he was driving the car from the workshop to the parking bay for me to take it back. Obviously the tech’s have to drive it out the workshop, but I too was surprised he never just took a direct route from the shop to a parking bay, but the loop he did was very short (was NOT round the whole parking lot). I figured this was standard procedure? Anyone else seen the techs doing this?

I didn't notice them doing it to my old car when I had tires installed there. Not sure what the point would be, since it's not like they're going to spot any vibrations at parking lot speeds. Maybe his favorite song was playing on your radio?

The Stig2

Ready to race!
So ladies and gents, this past weekend I drove a good 150 off miles towards the eastern tip of Long Island and back. The tires performed great. Excellent grip and overall handling. Unfortunately, the condition of the roads on the island are absolutely horrendous. Potholes, bumps are everywhere, and it was frustrating not to get even a small stretch of road in just reasonably average condition. The result is that the car really takes a beating, and with these summer tires (compared to the stock AS), you really do feel those bumps more. I'm pretty sure my wheels are probably already out of balance and wouldn't be surprised if the wheel alignment has been knocked off again. sigh...... that's the only complaint I have with the tires, and that's to be expected when you switch from AS to summer tires.

The Stig2

Ready to race!
Update,

Driven a good 700 miles with the tires and so far they remain incredible. There were vibrations when I hit 80mph, so I went to MIC tires in Queens to get them re-balanced with the Hunter road force balancing machine. Costco uses just the high speed balancing, and I’m not very convinced with their balancing service, so decided to use the experts. It was pricey, but well worth the cash as the car is now smooth as hell at high speeds. I am still amazed by how much better the car handles and the steering wheel feels with the new tires compared with the stock ones. Especially now that the temps in NYC have shot up and the roads are getting better as we start to move out of pothole season.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
Just threw a set of 235/35/19 MP4S's on my Revo wheels and installed this week. All I have to say is....wow. What a huge difference. I have trouble making the wheels hop now and traction is really good. Gotta put on some more miles for a more detailed review but so far these are the best street tires I've ever driven on.

My cousin is a dealer so was fortunate enough to get them at a discounted price. Total for the 4 came toan even $1K with everything included (taxes, install, balancing, etc). Best money I've spent on the car performance wise so far.

thadtrain

Just bought a set of these. Excited to get them on tomorrow. They weren't a cheap investment though... 1108 all in. But its going to completely worth it!

pantsos

Ready to race!
Do you have a quick run down on how the PS4S's feel compared to the Indy 500's?

Ok, i wish i never bought the firehawk indy 500.
Maybe it's the best for the money but in comparison with the those 4S are night and day.

Where do i start, much quieter - comfortable - the steering wheel more stable on higher speeds (due to this amazing sidewall). Big mistake that i went with the INDY 500 in the first place.

In a few words, buy this tire - THANK ME LATER :cool:

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Ok, i wish i never bought the firehawk indy 500.
Maybe it's the best for the money but in comparison with the those 4S are night and day.

Where do i start, much quieter - comfortable - the steering wheel more stable on higher speeds (due to this amazing sidewall). Big mistake that i went with the INDY 500 in the first place.

In a few words, buy this tire - THANK ME LATER :cool:

Exactly.

I don’t see why people balk at paying an extra $250 for the PS4S over the Firehawks when you will literally be using them for 20k-30k Miles.

It’s such a small difference per mile, month or year.

Moonray

Passed Driver's Ed
I ruled out the Indy 500 the second I read this on Tire Rack: "but what ultimately kept the Firehawk Indy 500 from the top spot was its lack of feedback"

That, and it's a good cosmetic match for muscle cars.