GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who is on Bilstein B8s?

stuman

So with the B12 kit, has it been confirmed which Eibach springs come with it? Is it the normal Sportline springs?
I emailed Bilstein directly and received this response: "The Eibach spring kit that is provided is built proprietary for Bilstein. This spring kit is very similar to the Pro Kit that is sold separately. The B8 can be used with the Eibach Pro Kit and work very well together."

That's from a North American Technical Sales Rep. Not sure if I buy it though.

Out of curiosity I emailed Koni to see what springs they use in their kit and they confirmed they are just the Eibach Pro Kit, but the part number they gave was 85117.140. That appears to be the 'American' Pro Kit with progressive springs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
This link is from the Eibach UK website in which they talk about their MK7 GTI project car:

https://eibach.com/uk/company/project-cars/eibach-vw-golf-vii-gti

The Eibach B12 Pro-Kit Performance Springs and Shocks combine good driving comfort with sportiness and safety. The Eibach Pro-Kit Performance Springs and the adapted mono-tube gas pressure shock absorbers by Bilstein are an ideal and fully harmonised combination.

That implies that the springs are just the standard European market Pro-Kit springs which are progressive according to Eibach UK.

CDM MK7

Ready to race!
Just spoke with Bilstein USA about the back-order situation. Their German manufacturing plant is going through re-tooling and that's what is causing the long delays. They're currently not expecting re-stock in the USA until mid/late June, 2018. This is for all products, not just the B8.

Back to the drawing board for me. H&R Street Performance? KW Street Comfort? All more $$$

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
Just spoke with Bilstein USA about the back-order situation. Their German manufacturing plant is going through re-tooling and that's what is causing the long delays. They're currently not expecting re-stock in the USA until mid/late June, 2018. This is for all products, not just the B8.

Back to the drawing board for me. H&R Street Performance? KW Street Comfort? All more $$$
I just ordered H&R's since I didn't want to wait anymore. About $1225 shipped from Race Consulting Agency.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion

Interesting... when I spoke to them last, they said mid to late May... June is a huge bummer...

I do recall saying that they were changing production facilities... hope that the first ones out the door are as good as the previous ones...

DrDavid

Ready to race!
I have read every post in this thread because i am very interesting in this....

I have an eibach pro kit in my gti, but they drop too much for the roads here in argentina....

i have to buy now new shocks, because the prokit/oe shocks and bad roads are not friendly..

i asume that the correct option for me are the HyR Oe Sport Springs, they will be same like - 0.5 - 0.75 inch upper than eibach prokit and will be great with the bilstein B8 i want to buy....

but if i get a colivers B14 ? in the upper position will be the same like HyR+B8 ? if this could be posible i can wait a time and go to B16.... getting the height i want ( 0.5 inch more than prokit) and the advantage of regulating of shocks....

what i have to do ? :eek: :confused:

DrDavid

Ready to race!
Any ?

Enviado desde mi SM-N950F mediante Tapatalk

bekro

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GtI SE
Tire Rack has the ST X on sale for $764.99. After rebate that comes out to $614.99 shipped! FYI, the details mention clamp diameter of 49.8 mm but part number 90905 appears to be GTI application. :confused:

https://www.tirerack.com/suspension...autoYear=2016&autoModClar=Performance+Package
I bought these today (ST X). Tire rack has the wrong info in its disclaimer. Part # 90905. Is for the 54.6mm clamp diameter according to ST's website. I confirmed this by calling ST's other distributors as well.

2018 GTI SE DSG
APR STAGE 1 ECU/TCU TUNE

E-rok

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought these today (ST X). Tire rack has the wrong info in its disclaimer. Part # 90905. Is for the 54.6mm clamp diameter according to ST's website. I confirmed this by calling ST's other distributors as well.

2018 GTI SE DSG
APR STAGE 1 ECU/TCU TUNE
Yea Im not sure why they never fixed that. I installed ST Xs from TR a couple weekends ago and the box said for the 56mm strut.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
Interesting... when I spoke to them last, they said mid to late May... June is a huge bummer...

I do recall saying that they were changing production facilities... hope that the first ones out the door are as good as the previous ones...

I got word from my dealer that my b8s are on the way from Germany.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I got word from my dealer that my b8s are on the way from Germany.

NICE!!!! going to call first thing tomorrow and check on mine!

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
NICE!!!! going to call first thing tomorrow and check on mine!

How’s it going flying? I just got an email from AJ USA and from ECS that I am looking at mid July...

FlyingNugget

Go Kart Newbie
How’s it going flying? I just got an email from AJ USA and from ECS that I am looking at mid July...

Hmm. I haven’t heard anything further from my dealer. Hoping to hear something this week.

teemmy

Ready to race!
Anyone have any input on how much the B12 kit lowers the car? I'm currently stock with VWR and I'm looking at the B12 kit or B8 w/H&R sports but I don't want to be any lower than what I currently have. Thanks!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Anyone have any input on how much the B12 kit lowers the car? I'm currently stock with VWR and I'm looking at the B12 kit or B8 w/H&R sports but I don't want to be any lower than what I currently have. Thanks!

Same springs as my car.