GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Spring Install in PA, DE, NJ area

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Hey guys. Spring is here and I'm going to be lowering my car on some springs. Looking for any recommendations on shops to get them installed/aligned (preferably places you guys have had work done). I'm closer to Philly but am willing to drive to DE or NJ.

There is a mod friendly dealer near me but for install and alignment will run me closer to $600. I trust them to do the work, but from what I hear $600 is on the high side for a spring install.

Please comment below! Thanks!

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Depending on how many miles you have on your car you will need to add at least new bearings and maybe new strut mounts, again depends on how many miles , also there are a couple of stretch bolts too. I would take it to a performance shop, I understand that there is a great shop in NJ can’t remember the name but I believe that they post here.

I used to go to a MINI/ BMW shop in Philadelphia from NYC keep in mind that they specialize in those brands but for spring install I would test them more than a random shop.
You can at least get a quote from them and see

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Thanks for your input. Ill look for the NJ shop.

I think I should be good for the bearings and strut mounts... My car is under 15k miles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
Smith VW in DE. I've had a TON of stuff installed by them. They know what they're doing.
Ask for Bobby in service. Arno can get you any part you need with 0% tax

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
See thats where Id go and have had all my work done there. And I definitely want them to do the work, but they quoted 600$. That was my #1 choice

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

REDRUM_MK7

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info too guys! PM'd him on FB as I'll be moving to the McGuire AFB area in Sept.

Jersey UG MKV

Plastidipping Fool
they charge $300