GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What lug bolts are you using?

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Definitely get appropriate bolts! The right length (12-13 full 360 turns) and the right seat (ball seat for stock wheels and cone seat for most aftermarket)

Frank Reynolds

Go Kart Newbie
Sorry to pull this up from a few months ago. Question: I currently have 15mm ECS spacers and bolts. I'm not sure the length of the bolts because I got them used. I want to downsize to 10mm spacers. Would my current bolts fit?

JHWP

Passed Driver's Ed
(12-13 full 360 turns)

That's going to be one hell of a long bolt, nearly twice the recommended amount of rotations at 7.5 but saying that, 7.5 is the minimum amount. Any reason you would suggest such a long bolt? I'm trying to figure out bolt length myself for a new set of wheels and the info I have come up with so far varies considerably :confused:

CDAWG69

Ready to race!
That's going to be one hell of a long bolt, nearly twice the recommended amount of rotations at 7.5 but saying that, 7.5 is the minimum amount. Any reason you would suggest such a long bolt? I'm trying to figure out bolt length myself for a new set of wheels and the info I have come up with so far varies considerably :confused:
Same here.. I bought 10mm spacers with 37mm bolts and I and problem.. I'm thinking of shorting the bolts to a 36mm or even 35mm.

Any thoughts from anyone? Spacers are by 034 and the bolts are Ball Seat Wheel Bolt 14x1.5x 37mm

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Golfs everyday

Autocross Newbie
I prefer to have about 10mm of thread into the hub. The hub is deep and can take significant thread.

I guess my question is why you'd want to shorten the bolt by 1-2mm. That is not going to net any measurable gains from weight savings.

CDAWG69

Ready to race!
I prefer to have about 10mm of thread into the hub. The hub is deep and can take significant thread.

I guess my question is why you'd want to shorten the bolt by 1-2mm. That is not going to net any measurable gains from weight savings.
I used the recommended bolt size for the 10mm spacers ( Ball Seat 14x1.5x 37mm) now I have chatter in rear the brakes. I'm thinking the bolts might be hitting something to cause that. When I apply the brakes the chattering stops. That is why I'm thinking the bolts might be slightly too long.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I used the recommended bolt size for the 10mm spacers ( Ball Seat 14x1.5x 37mm) now I have chatter in rear the brakes. I'm thinking the bolts might be hitting something to cause that. When I apply the brakes the chattering stops. That is why I'm thinking the bolts might be slightly too long.

The longer bolts would NOT be causing that issue...they're not poking out the back of the hub
You've got something else going on