GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

iSweep Pads on Track for non-PP

DAS_STIG

Banned
Has anyone tracked the iSweep brake pads available through ECS (considering either 2500 all around or 3000 up front and 2500 in back)? I have a non-PP GTI and plan on doing 2-3 track days this summer. I am planning on getting some lighter wheels (still deciding on tires), RS3 brake air guides, removing brake dust shields, and changing brake fluid (RBF600?). Figure this would be good enough for a couple track days for a novice.

I am having trouble settling on brake pads though. I have found poor performance reviews for EBC yellow stuff when it comes to track duty, Endless MX72 are $370 for just the fronts :eek:, and I cannot find reviews of the iSweep after track duty. Any reviews/info on the iSweep would be much appreciated.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
On PP applications the 2500 have been well-reviewed. I would assume given the same compound they would perform well. I don't know if I would personally move up to 3000 for the fronts unless you are willing to sacrifice some DD comfort (noise) and performance.

DAS_STIG

Banned
Thanks for the note, good to hear they work well. My only concern would be operating temps which I imagine will be higher for the non-pp. Not sure if the 2500 vs 3000 will make a big difference for this.