GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ACC & start stop error

bthomson22

I have a Golf Mark VII 1.6 TDI recently the ACC has been coming up unavailable and the start stop system has an error the two seem to be related I have had a vcds scan and there is no communication with the distance radar could just be the radar itself is faulty. Any points in the right direction would be much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
In general the car systems will disable start/stop any time something bad happens "just in case". You probably have just one fault and two symptoms..

...if it creaks, it's probably made by VAG

bthomson22

In general the car systems will disable start/stop any time something bad happens "just in case". You probably have just one fault and two symptoms..

The vcds scan found one fault with the engine which was no communications with cruise control front distance sensor do you think it could just be the radar sensor? IPhoned Volkswagen to price it and it is just over £1,000 to buy then you'll have to get it fitted and calibrated not sure if it's worth going down that route I might just live without cruise control.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

dr_mat

Go Kart Champion
I very much doubt the sensor is broken. Much more likely the wiring is dodgy between there and the ECU. There is a wiring loom behind the bumper assembly. Trace it and unplug/replug the appropriate connections..