GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Sachs SRE Clutch Kit Review - GTI

tknj99

Ready to race!
When my clutch goes i think this kit will be the way to go based on everything i've read and my desire to keep everything as quiet and stock-feeling as possible.

What are you guys paying on average for the kit installed?
With/without stock DMFW?

ExcelerateRep1

Go Kart Champion
When my clutch goes i think this kit will be the way to go based on everything i've read and my desire to keep everything as quiet and stock-feeling as possible.

What are you guys paying on average for the kit installed?
With/without stock DMFW?

Our Kit is $895 (Sachs SRE and new ZF TOB). Labor is roughly 7.5 hours for clutch, rear main and fluid change here.

Thanks,

Greg

CLOUT

Ready to race!
Almost 1,000 miles on mine now. As others have stated it started out very stiff, after about 250 miles it started getting lighter. Right now it's maybe 15% heavier than stock, it engages disengages fairly high like stock clutch. I had the BMS clutch stop in and took it out the first 250 miles because when it was first installed, not only was it very heavy it engaged right away/very low. After break in, I reinstalled the clutch stop and it works well again.

All in all, after break in, it feels great. Holds power well and grabs hard, drivability is close to stock and quiet. Very satisfied with the purchase.

Hotfart

Ready to race!
I only have about 500 miles on mine, so this isn't a long-term review here (but it's basically all broken in now). Paid about $1500 installed which included an upgraded rear main seal. I installed @ 2K miles so there was no need to replace the flywheel or TOB. At first the pedal was crazy stiff, but unlike others I didn't really notice the engagement point being lower. It softened up pretty quick, probably within the first 100 miles. If anything, it now grabs higher than stock, and I'd guess is around 1/4 to 1/3 stiffer than stock. I actually added another spacer to my BMS clutch stop, but sometimes that causes issues when starting as the car thinks the clutch isn't pushed in.

The grab point is narrow, but it's definitely streetable and isn't "on/off". Since it's an unsprung clutch, there is a bit of judder in first and reverse when slipping the clutch while trying to slowly move the car. It's not bad by any means. Overall I'm very satisfied so far. Once my e-tune is sorted, I'll hit test-and-tune night at the track to get a better idea how well it grabs.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Just ordered mine for $597 shipped from:

http://dualmassflywheel24.com

You have to fiddle around to get that price (change it to Euro instead of USD) pay with paypal using your own credit card and having the rate be adjusted by your credit card not paypal.

Of course you would save $15 by doing a bank transfer.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Our Kit is $895 (Sachs SRE and new ZF TOB). Labor is roughly 7.5 hours for clutch, rear main and fluid change here.

Thanks,

Greg

How much is the hourly rate for service?

We've sold many of these kits with great feedback, as well as installed a number at our facility. As mentioned, the pressure plate is a bit stiff when first installed but will gradually ease up. The clutch does seem to allow some slippage, so modulating in daily driving situations is easy and smooth.

We offer it on our site with the option for OEM metal throwout bearing.

https://www.emmanueledesign.com/col...neering-volkswagen-mk7-gti-stage-1-clutch-kit

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Track hopefully tomorrow with this clutch. I have 1k on it now and just did 5 WOT launches in first while preloading with the e-brake and it holds strong at 29psi peak. Clutch is good to go.
We'll see with the slicks tomorrow.

rjtrout

Go Kart Newbie
This clutch is definitely in my future plans. I have been putting together a total package that makes the mk7 that much more potent on a spirited road and on a road course. This clutch and a Wavetrac LSD will be happening simultaneously

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
It holds. 1.929 60' while preloading and slipping. I looked and that is the best 60' of all manual FWD GTI's.
https://youtu.be/g4dZ114dyRs
Can't complain, it did what it was supposed to. Let's see how it holds up after a few more track days.

Didn't get the burning smell even ONCE.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
It holds. 1.929 60' while preloading and slipping. I looked and that is the best 60' of all manual FWD GTI's.
https://youtu.be/g4dZ114dyRs
Can't complain, it did what it was supposed to. Let's see how it holds up after a few more track days.

Didn't get the burning smell even ONCE.

Thanks for posting back. Surprised that it doesn't smell, though mine has stopped smelling as much after 7k miles.