GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DP and CEL?

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi about to install the apr downpipe. Was wondering if I should expect a cel? I plan on getting jb4 but not sure if jb4 will fix the cel the same way a tune would. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I installed my APR downpipe a week and a half ago with a spacer which would normally solve the problem but mine didn't. I have to clear mine regularly with my OBDeleven and that's with an O2 spacer installed. Part of me is wondering whether or not I installed the cat backwards and that would be why it's popping all the time even with a spacer? Idk. I had a spacer on my MKV downpipe and never had a CEL.

In terms of the JB4 and if that will clear it I'm not sure.

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
Hmmm how do you know which way the cat should go? I thought it only went one way but I guess you're saying it can go both ways?

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Hmmm how do you know which way the cat should go? I thought it only went one way but I guess you're saying it can go both ways?

Well both ends of the tubing is the same size and I'm wondering if all of my CEL's are popping up because maybe I put it in backwards? I have no idea. I figured with a spacer I wouldn't have problems with a CEL but I do. It's nothing to worry about it's just annoying.

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed
I'll have to take a look...parts been sitting in my garage for weeks. Do you have a tune or anything with the dp?

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
I'll have to take a look...parts been sitting in my garage for weeks. Do you have a tune or anything with the dp?

I don't, I have to save up for a new clutch before tuning it. I haven't had an issue with my stock clutch but I know it'll need to be upgraded at stage 2.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
A cat can be mounted anyway unless there is an arrow stamped on it indicating direction of flow.
Yeah it may flow both ways, but the o2 sensor should come after the main body of the cat, not before. Could make a difference if that section was installed backward. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug
Yeah it may flow both ways, but the o2 sensor should come after the main body of the cat, not before. Could make a difference if that section was installed backward. ;)

Makes COMPLETE sense as to why I get CEL's mine is in front of the main body of the cat. Thanks you guys.

bdlPNW

Passed Driver's Ed

Just to be clear the o2 sensor should be towards the exhaust not the turbo right?