GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

It's the subtle cosmetic mods I like... POST YOURS

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
How did you removed the holes from the bumper? where the license used to be?

Some states don't require a front plate, thus not needing to drill holes. Also, many in many states where they do require it, people use the tow hook license plate mount.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
So you're saying yours didn't come with the holes? I hate the fact that mine come with holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depends on the dealer. Since Cali is a front plate state they usually drill holes. Only way around is to find a dealer that doesn't and ask nicely not to, or order it and demand that it has no holes when you go to sign the contract.

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion

ryohei47

Ready to race!
Just the "S-tronic" badge.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Subtle, I'm a fan. How does it feel compared to the stock knob?

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Raceseng Circuit Sphere

Attachments

• 19424234_10203154139450873_3759198658013315713_n.jpg
    19424234_10203154139450873_3759198658013315713_n.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 2,593
  • 19420433_10203154139370871_6042453445318627753_n.jpg
    19420433_10203154139370871_6042453445318627753_n.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 2,593

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!
Looks like you've got that mounted pretty low - how high is it compared to stock?

thinking about one of these after I get my Sigma6 installed.

It's a little lower than stock. I had to use my Ology adapter to get it to sit that low. The adapter that comes with it makes it sit about an inch higher.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Wondering about the rear facing LED dot on the inside/outer lip of the mirror housing. Does that still function? Is it lit up through the whole sweeping blink or right at the end of the sweep?

When standing at the back of the car, is it still in sync with the rear turn signals?

Thanks for sharing!

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
Wondering about the rear facing LED dot on the inside/outer lip of the mirror housing. Does that still function? Is it lit up through the whole sweeping blink or right at the end of the sweep?

When standing at the back of the car, is it still in sync with the rear turn signals?

Thanks for sharing!

No it doesn't it is just a locating pin. There is no LED there anyway it is just clear plastic on the OEM that shines through from the front.

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie

Thanks for sharing!

Not 100% sure if still in sync with rear but I think it still is.
The light is triggered to start at the same time as the front but looks slightly different as it is on longer while making the sweep.
If you want long enough it look like the front gets out of sequence but I think more of a trick on the eye as they start at the same time.

Good question on the indicator light toward the driver. I should have added this. The light (reflected from bulds on the other end) that flashes toward the driver is not as bright as the OE. The plastic lens is dark so this reduces how much light flashes back.
How much less? A good bit. I have not driven at night to verify but it is at least 50% less. Not an issue for me as this driver facing flash does not serve a big purpose, more just an "OLD MAN" reminder the light is still on.
I am getting older but not at that stage yet. Now "The Fed" might miss not having this reminder.

Overall I like the gains.
The all black mirror housing is a big change.
Looks like the light has been tinted and now matches the windows.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Not a bad thing...that little indicator in the rear facing part of the housing sometimes conflicts with the BSM LeD in the glass, in my peripheral vision.

CLDuckworth1

Ready to race!
Installed a second fog light
Full LED rear lights
Debadged 2.0TDi Bluemotion for GT badge, made from TGi emblem
Larger Polo GTI exhaust tips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk