GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Exhaust drone

jchang1210

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't just cut the muffler out I did add a Y pipe that was custom made.

I noticed he didn't weld the stock tips on fully and just tacked them on would that empty space be the cause of the vibration since the exhaust gases are exiting out of multiple places.

I'm going to assume he only tacked it on because I am ordering new 4" exhaust tips

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Post pics of what he built

The guy saying you cut the muffler off is just being a negative Nancy because he doesn't approve of louder than stock four cylinder cars

AdamSheikh

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI | 24 RS 3
I personally think the club sport muffler is the biggest waste of money, period. Sounds raspy and cost 5x too much. For the money you could have a downpipe which is a much better option...other than that leads to needing a proper cat back since downpipes cause drone with the stock CBE in place.

Not to go down this rabbit hole like some have done in the past, but I don't think your description is accurate in the slightest. The tone is deeper than stock, but certainly not raspy. The only time your description would be accurate is when the CS/CSS muffler is paired with an aftermarket downpipe.

And speaking of downpipes, not everyone needs or wants an aftermarket downpipe for a multitude of reasons - chief among them being warranty and check engine light concerns without a tune. Believe it or not, some of us are content with the stock tune and can/will get faster cars if we need or want to.

Just offering another option that quite a few people (including myself) have been very pleased with. Cheers.

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Damn...I'm all out of popcorn after someone revived the old APR deceptive marketing thread and linked it to their new mk7 exhaust thread...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

jchang1210

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah I don't know what happened in this thread I asked a simple question and wanted a few opinions on what they thought it was. However it went down the wrong rabbit hole

On the bright side I got some new exhaust tips

nype

Drag Racing Champion
While I agree that muffler deletes aren't the best solution to get more sound, I don't agree that an aftermarket downpipe is the solution.

For the same price or less, I recommend the OEM GTI Clubsport S muffler. Completely civil around town under normal driving conditions with zero drone, but noticeably louder when driving harder. And no warranty worries like you'd have with a non-OEM downpipe, let alone check engine lights without a tune.

Beat me to it, again!!!

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Every exhaust thread leads to Jake rambling about his DIY lol it never fails. Tiring.

The burnt tip look is interesting in that the look is trickling into the euro worlds.

Damn...I'm all out of popcorn after someone revived the old APR deceptive marketing thread and linked it to their new mk7 exhaust thread...

It will never die. They should just stick to milking pockets with software and making APR wall clocks :p

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Every exhaust thread leads to Jake rambling about his DIY lol it never fails. Tiring.

Well you're the only one bitching about it so there's that. Most people like advice based on experience. Maybe you should be complaining that nobody uses the search function...then there wouldn't be a million and seven threads about the same thing

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
Well you're the only one bitching about it so there's that. Most people like advice based on experience. Maybe you should be complaining that nobody uses the search function...then there wouldn't be a million and seven threads about the same thing

'Tis true. If it actually worked, then you'd have no new places to solicit :)