GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Deceptive RSC Exhaust Marketing...

Mk7sport

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 golf R
Did I miss the post where APR admitted or denied this?
The 2 pictures of the inside of the mufflers clearly are different. I hope it's not legal to sell a picture that is not the product.
This should have been cleared up by APR on the first page!
I will need to hear a clear conscience sentence from APR before I purchase anything.
Subscribed

Pyzon

Ready to race!
Hmm yah offload your GTi it's a VW - dieselgate...stupid thread revival....

Pyzon

Ready to race!
I will need to hear a clear conscience sentence from APR before I purchase anything.
Subscribed

Hmm yah you bought A VW - selling it now after dieselgate? Walk on....

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Idk why they feel the need to make everything cast on their new stuff, just extra weight for no reason.

Or the stupid "designer" exhaust hangers, I hit a soft spot making fun of them on instagram

jacincm

Ready to race!
Idk why they feel the need to make everything cast on their new stuff, just extra weight for no reason.

Or the stupid "designer" exhaust hangers, I hit a soft spot making fun of them on instagram

Cast is fine with me. Seems like it produces a better quality part since it is fully shaped by a mold.

There was no ill intent behind my thread bump, I just came across this thread on VWvortex and read through it. Immediately reminded me of Trump when people were saying "someone needs to take the keyboard away from Arin"

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
I bought one of their 'RSC' systems for my MKV (or was it MKIV? I don't even remember now). I loved it. Nice and quiet puttin around town and some grunt when you were on it. No drone. Replaced a Miltek system and it was way better.

Each to their own I guess.

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Read through all the pages. "If" I replace my exhaust system I will probably go AWE because of the no CEL guarantee but "if" I replace my intercooler I will probably go APR. The new exhaust system by APR looks very well engineered...

The anti-APR people come off to me as a bit petty and hateful. It seems the prior management team responsible for the alleged bad product is gone and new management seems committed to producing quality products. Recent customers seem very satisfied with the "new" APR.

Are there any new unhappy customers or is this just customers pissed off from years back?

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
Read through all the pages. "If" I replace my exhaust system I will probably go AWE because of the no CEL guarantee but "if" I replace my intercooler I will probably go APR. The new exhaust system by APR looks very well engineered...

The anti-APR people come off to me as a bit petty and hateful. It seems the prior management team responsible for the alleged bad product is gone and new management seems committed to producing quality products. Recent customers seem very satisfied with the "new" APR.

Are there any new unhappy customers or is this just customers pissed off from years back?
Where did APR ever acknowledge the issue and make it right with their customers? I don't have any skin in the game...but I think if that actually happened, then these threads wouldn't keep getting revived time and time again. I mean look at their new mk7 exhaust thread. They post about a new exhaust product, someone links this thread, and they go to emcon again. They haven't responded to this thread since December. At least respond with a canned comment about how you empirically debunked the claim, or acknowledged the issue and made it right. It's not that hard. And if they've already done it, good on them and let's put this to bed for crying out loud.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk