GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

burbank2broward's Pure White GTI Sport - "The Comeback" Build

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys,

Just like the title says, this is my "Comeback" build thread.

A little back story on me:

I used to be heavily active in the VAG community and I've always loved Euro's (had a mk6 golf and then a facelift 8p a3). I had to make the "mature move" and get rid of my A3 and get into something with a lower monthly payment. I bought a house, did a ton of renovations to it, and proposed to my now fiance. Life was great!

What wasn't so great.... was my slow, boring, huge sedan of a car (2015 Mazda 6)

So I decided it was time to get a fun car that I would enojy driving each and every day.... I picked up a 2017 GTI Sport 6MT in Pure White. This car is so much fun to drive! I love every feature of it.

Pic of my previous cars

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
I already have the "mod bug" so to speak. My friend told me about this clutch stop, so I was intrigued and did some searching and ended up purchasing it. I ordered mine off ebay for $10 with free shipping. Simply plug and play.

Heres the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/331207149596

It came in the mail yesterday and I quickly installed it. The most noticeable difference between shifts is 1st-2nd. Feels SO SOLID! Feels super direct and on point.

I also found this little guy lying around in an old box I had :D - going to install it sometime next week.

Last edited:

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Installed my LED license plate lights from deAutoKey. I chose the less intense option - Love the OEM look! Just need to get a hold of someone near me that has VAGcom so I can get rid of the bulb error and do a couple more things.

Day time shot in parking garage

Night time Shot

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Shouldn't be any error with deautokey. Mine don't.

Errors will occur if you run them without the resistors. Coding>Resistors.
That being said, I'm not bashing DeAutoKey in any way, I did a ton of work with them when I had my mk6 and a little with my mk7.

^this. I'd rather buy the cheaper version, with less connections to mess up (resistors), and just Code it off. It's no biggie.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Cool. I just assumed the appeal with deautokey was that you could buy them with resistors, so no coding, otherwise one should just buy some off ebay/amazon/aliexpress for much cheaper.

Arguable. DeAutoKey does do significant testing on different diodes to ensure crisp color and minimal to no color banding. Also life time warranty and great customer service isn't too bad either.

EDIT: But lets not turn a build thread into a discussion on LEDs lol

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
So I did a few VAGcom things today to my car...

and boy did it take some time to figure things out. Every time you went to the ADAPTATION dropdown there were 50000 things to choose. Plus some of the features like Comfort KeyFob Roll down windows and change blinker were under KOMFORT not COMFORT. Took me almost 30 mins to just figure that out. Another thing I noticed is that I couldn't find byte labeled 29 for the ECS OFF, but then tested my ESC OFF button and actually its already installed. ONE hard click ASR off, keep holding and you go into ESC SPORT with ASR OFF.

Has any other new GTI SPORT run into this issue?

Last edited:

am215

Ready to race!
with ESC sport it still cuts throttle and governors the car, but there is a thread somewhere that lists all the different coding options and how that translates to different ESC modes through the button.

for the chrome hatch strip, did you get the mk7 one or the thicker mk6 one?

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
with ESC sport it still cuts throttle and governors the car, but there is a thread somewhere that lists all the different coding options and how that translates to different ESC modes through the button.

for the chrome hatch strip, did you get the mk7 one or the thicker mk6 one?

I bought the mk7 version.

*EDIT*
I did some more reading and found this thread. People are still unsure about PP models VS non-PP models and how ESC off affects the LSD... so I think I'm going to leave it alone for now

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?7087438-ESC-OFF-via-Button&highlight=ESC+OFF+via+button

Last edited:

Riptide09

Infected by the Mod bug

burbank2broward

Go Kart Champion
Just so happened that I was in the area of my friend's house earlier today, so I stopped by and we did the ESC OFF (which is 08 for PP btw - ESC ON/ESC SPORT/ESC OFF) and then did the Starting Vibrations Reduction tweak. I did a pull from 1st-2nd-3rd at a straight away before his house and then I did it again after. There is a definite reduction in wheel hop with that tweak.