GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Well its officially not new anymore ... Got Camry'd a few hours ago

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
Shitty bud, at least you're ok. Excuse to do an inter cooler while bumper is off, silver lining? Know it's a reach but...

Al_in_Philly

Autocross Newbie
Actually, if you had to get hit that's about the best place to make contact. Zero structural damage, and possibly the bumper might not need replacing, though if it does it's not astronomically priced. Still, it always hurts when your baby gets even the slightest ding.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
Yeah, a few months ago someone who was clearly either mad or totally clueless, or both, managed to slam their door into mine in a parking lot, leaving a nice dent that the body shop estimated $549 to fix. It's not one of the little ones that you can do the nifty el cheapo repair wizardry on; they really put their roid-rage into this one. Because the car is blue and usually covered with dust (live on a dirt road), I haven't been super motivated to fix it, because you can't really see it unless you look at it from a certain angle, but it still bugs me.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
The driver side front wheel is also gouged and will need to be replaced. That alone is $700 ... nevermind the rest.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
estimate came done earlier today, roughly $1700 ... let the fun begin.

Porknozzle

Passed Driver's Ed
You should check with your insurance company about "diminished value" insurance. That accident is now on your CarFax report making your car worth less when selling. Diminished Value insurance compensates you for that loss of value.

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
I'm dealing with American Family (the other party's insurance) and we'll see what they say about that.

Porknozzle

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm dealing with American Family (the other party's insurance) and we'll see what they say about that.

CLICK HERE

"Minnesota is a diminished value state, which means you may be entitled to the diminished value of your vehicle after an auto accident. The statute of limitation on diminished value claims in Minnesota is 6 years, and Minnesota does not have uninsured motorist coverage for diminished value. You can't submit a Minnesota diminished value claim if you were the at-fault party in an accident, or if the damage was caused by something other than a collision. You can see if you qualify for a diminished value claim by filling in the claim review form below."

EDIT: I looked over the claim form on that website and the minimum damage is $2,000 but I'd check further if I was you.

Last edited:

schwab0

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
VW
I'll look into it. Damn shame i have to paint this early into ownership

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk