Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
Or your sunglass holder door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This happened to me and I thought it was in the dash.

Tell me about it.

Everytime I would brake harder than normal, I would hear this "click" sound and swore it was something like a loose latch on the glove box or something. Checked the entire area, nothing loose, but the noise still happened. Come to find out, it was my sunglasses rocking back then forth in the holder. I flipped them upside down, and the noise went away.

I felt kind of dumb not being able to tell it was practically above my head, but as mentioned by others, the sound does seem like it comes from the dash area.

Good luck!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Or your sunglass holder door

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or the sliding mirror cover in the sun visor? These have been known to rattle and vibrate.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I definitely have the dashboard rattle. Actually it's more of a buzz that comes from the far left or right on rough roads. Its right in that crevice where the dash meets the little triangle window. When I press down on that area the buzzing sound goes away.

Like someone else said, it's worse in the winter and not as bad in the summer. Probably due to expanding parts. Eventually I'll take the time to stuff some foam in the crevice where the rattle is coming from.

Attachments

• dashboard.jpg
    dashboard.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 3,951

NCR-R

Ready to race!
I definitely have the dashboard rattle. Actually it's more of a buzz that comes from the far left or right on rough roads. Its right in that crevice where the dash meets the little triangle window. When I press down on that area the buzzing sound goes away.

Like someone else said, it's worse in the winter and not as bad in the summer. Probably due to expanding parts. Eventually I'll take the time to stuff some foam in the crevice where the rattle is coming from.

Thanks for the info... next time I hear it I will try that area!