GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Is the 100 octane APR stage 2 adjustable tune worth it?

ML1234

Ready to race!
I dont have the adjustable mode and want to get the 100 octane map. was just wondering if it is worth it. It will cost me about 149 plus tax and labor for the retune. I want to have the ability to run race gas with no problems and get gains. Anyone have any experience with this tune. Please and thank you!

drrck

Go Kart Champion
What do you want to use it for? If you're not at the track and using race gas I don't see the point for DD.

eobie

Ready to race!
Adjustable tune? Apr isn't adjustable.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Are you sure APR offers switchable files? Or are you referring to GIAC? I know Eurodyne has a self adjustable file right now.

drrck

Go Kart Champion
I would justt use it sometimes when I want a little more horsepower to race someone or just to have fun when Im bored.
You can't just get more horsepower unless you have the fueling to back it up, so you'd have to fill with race gas or the car will run worse in 100 oct mode vs 93.

gn4rwhals

Go Kart Champion
I don't think APR has ECU map switching for the MK7 yet.

Gonna need a flash at home solution for that or GIAC/REVO with the switcher.

Luvs2speed

Ready to race!
They used to for the MK6 but that has not been an option for the MK7 platform. There are a lot of us that would be all over it. Unless there has been some very recent secret update. Please provide details.

Crud_muffin

Ready to race!
Car(s)
e-Golf
It's true. I emailed APR about it back in March. Nothing confidential, so I'll share their response:

"We are definitely working to be able to offer these features in the mk7 but do not have a definite timeline. There are some major constraints on the amount of information that can be saved on the newer ECU’s which is why they’re only offered as single program files. Feel free to continue to check back with us as we have more information available for program switching on this platform."

AZGTI2

Ready to race!
It's true. I emailed APR about it back in March. Nothing confidential, so I'll share their response:

"We are definitely working to be able to offer these features in the mk7 but do not have a definite timeline. There are some major constraints on the amount of information that can be saved on the newer ECU’s which is why they’re only offered as single program files. Feel free to continue to check back with us as we have more information available for program switching on this platform."

Nothing GIAC hasn't been able to handle. Vaporware just like their "flex fuel" kit