GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cj's MK7 GTI SE/Reflex Silver-non PP/LP

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
6 speed manual GTI SE - Non performance package - Non lighting package

Using this to keep track of my modifications and my thoughts on the car. Car has 15,500 miles since purchase in Sept 2014. I love this car!

Issues / Dislikes: Soundakator vibrates plastics near its housing and dealer was unable to resolve even after replicating. It sounds pretty bad at times so I just unplugged it.

factory rim paint was poorly done behind spokes. VW Europe would not fix as its not visible when you look directly at the rim.

Drivers side window has an issue with auto roll all the way down and up. Works sometimes other times you need to hold the button to roll all the way up/down. Could never replicate in front VW.

Black plastic media display looks great but gets dusty quick. Almost impossible to keep clean.

Current Aftermarket parts:
-Clutch Stop
-Deautokey LED licence plate
-034 Dogbone
-Eurodyne Stage 2 93 OCT
-ECS vent boost gauge
-ECS boost tap
-ECS slotted drilled rotors (Soon)
-RED Stuff Brake Pads (Soon)
-GFB DV+
-GTI Honey Comb Weather Matts
-Carbon Fiber Mirror Caps
-ED'S aftermarket GTI headlights
-ED'S LP Grill
-Euro Switch
-Morimoto HID kit 5500k
-Window tint - back/trunk windows
-APR intake
-Milltek HJS downpipe
-Milltek non resonated cat back
-VWR Springs
-VMR 19s 8.5 Gunmetal w/ MPSS
-OBDELEVEN

*Winter* Spulen Super Flush Kit (15/20)
*Winter* Stock Austin's with MPS3 a/s

Planned aftermarket parts:
New wheels, Vossen CV3's 19" or RSe10 18"
Downpipe (likely milltek) I love their sound and hate obnoxiously loud exhaust. Theirs are deep and sound amazing.
When factoey warranty dies I'll go for a tune and a bigger turbo.

More pic's to come...

Pic of the headlights

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
Neuspeed power module installed. It took me n my friend with skinny arms 5 minutes to install since he could fit his hands through the top of the engine bay easily.

First impression just wow. It really brings out the sound of the turbo and aftermarket intake (APR). You can also definitely feel the added power. What I noticed first since I broke it in on the autobahn was a very noticeable increase in power in 6th gear. 2nd and 3rd are still the best but just so much better now. All gears have a noticeable power increase. I have driven my car stock for about 18k miles so it's safe to say I was very used to the stock power. It really brought back that feeling/smile when you drove the car for the first time.

One thing to note for readers and potential buyers is do your research thoroughly before clicking buy now (I got too excited). While I was happy when I first bought it. While researching the NPM I was disappointed to find out there is a similiar but superior JB1 device. I dont know from experience but it is obvious from the reviews out there and the ability to customize settings and choose different MAPS for potentially better gains. They are also around the same price now from what I can see. With that being said and a lesson learned, I don't see the difference in power being that significant and I am still overly pleased with the NPM and it is still definitely worth the money spent. Can't wait to drive to work tomorrow... [emoji16]

Last edited:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
VWR springs, Spulen Super Flush Kit & Milltek non res exhaust on Monday will post pics and give a review of the exhaust. ?

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
@27k KM
VWR Springs and spulen super flush kit: pics to come but it looks rides great and is indeed super flush. 2 finger gap upfront and 1 finger gap in the back bothers me a bit. pics will follow to include the exhaust. milltek non resonated cat back exhaust review (stock DP):

wanted to chime in here since almost all reviews you read of this exhaust are that it's too quiet which might steer you away or make you regret clicking buy now. it's just not true in my opinion. in comparison to other after market exhausts this might be true but I wouldn't know (first time AM exhaust buy). I also didn't want a overly loud exhaust on my gti daily driver (its not a damn lambo.. ect..) which the reviews supported. this exhaust looks BEAUTIFUL sounds BEAUTIFUL (deep hum and beautiful deep scream at WOT) and it is considerably more audible then stock actually louder then I anticipated it to be after reading just about every comment on it after buying which was actually a good thing for me (I was worried I wasted $$). Videos do it no justice which I assume true for every exhaust. I haven't broken the exhaust in yet, just installed, so it should improve even more though I couldn't imagine it sounding any better... cruising/low RPMs you can hear a very distinct low hum (Drone?) reminding you of what has been done (I like it). It sounds NOTHING like stock and is just so much more refined and DEEP...worth the cost IMO. Did I say it looks and fits amazingly like it should have been made this way originally?? It is indeed not loud as a riced out Honda or similar nor can it be heard from miles away. However you can as the driver notice it well and turn heads around you. I just want it clear that it is noticeably louder, better sounding and better looking verse stock and in my mind the perfect note for this car. You will definitely want to turn the fake engine soundaktor off... it is no longer needed!!!

Build quality / fitment: 10/10
Sound (for me): 10/10
Looks: 10/10
Cost: 9/10 (you pay for what you get! it is expensive but worth it / $999.00)

Last edited:

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
Needs more pics!

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
Before Springs, tint. exhaust and flush kit (stock headlights too):

After:
nice shot of Ed's lighting package grill with headlights:

Milktek Catback Exhaust shots:

Last edited:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
pics up! (not the best I know). will post better on next wash day.

Next year I plan to do Milltek DP and Neuspeed RSe10 wheels 18/8.5 45et with Michelin Sport Pilots. HID kit for Ed's lights (I currently use Philips white vision 130% H7) which doesn't bother me too much yet but the color difference between the DRLS and headlight is very noticeable.

Big Maybes for Future:
Big brake kit (or PP brake kit)
Diverter valve upgrade
Turbo Upgrade
High flow inlet pipe upgrade
Stage 2 Tune
Clutch upgrade
Short shifter
Car wrapped
Subwoofer upgrade from Fender

Last edited:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
me n my buddy did 3 drags from second gear at about 50km until we had to stop. My car (details above) verse his 09' 370z with some bolt ons.

I won 2 out of 3, which could have been 3 out of 3 if I shifted better but no excuses. I was very surprised. his 370z is rated much fast on HP and 0-60 times.

First drag I won was by about a half a car stopping at about 150kph.

Second drag he wont by about a car, I shifted way late in the redline area, he dusted me, he got well over 200kph which I am limited to anyway.

Third drag I won by about a car, I shifted pretty flawlessly. I went into forth while he was closing redline on third. After he shifted while I was in fourth I moved a car ahead.

His car would likely always win in the long haul though. Every time I was ahead, he was slowly catching up as we entered the higher speeds. Besides the fact that I cant get over 200kph w/o a tune...

Hulk1

Go Kart Champion
me n my buddy did 3 drags from second gear at about 50km until we had to stop. My car (details above) verse his 09' 370z with some bolt ons.

I won 2 out of 3, which could have been 3 out of 3 if I shifted better but no excuses. I was very surprised. his 370z is rated much fast on HP and 0-60 times.

First drag I won was by about a half a car stopping at about 150kph.

Second drag he wont by about a car, I shifted way late in the redline area, he dusted me, he got well over 200kph which I am limited to anyway.

Third drag I won by about a car, I shifted pretty flawlessly. I went into forth while he was closing redline on third. After he shifted while I was in fourth I moved a car ahead.

His car would likely always win in the long haul though. Every time I was ahead, he was slowly catching up as we entered the higher speeds. Besides the fact that I cant get over 200kph w/o a tune...

Hey for just power module beating a 370z w bolt ons should make you very happy

Tune and forget about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey for just power module beating a 370z w bolt ons should make you very happy

Tune and forget about it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Definitely on my list unless they come out with a way to remove the limiter. at least until factory warranty dies.

Def happy about the wins. him dogging golf's all the time just made it so much sweeter [emoji16]. He was shocked.

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
Newest additions are 19 inch VMR v710s Gunmetal wrapped in 225 35 19 MPSS. Stock Austin's are now for the mild winters in Germany and rainy seasons wrapped in Michelin a/s 3's.

I also just fitted morimoto HD kit 5500k with eds headlights and they look great! for readers, it's hard but doable without removing the headlights.

will take pics once rims are installed.

next on the list is either a stage one tune just to remove the limiter (still enjoy neuspeed module but hate the limiter here in Germany, autobahn ftw) or a stage 2 tune with a HJS 200 cell cat, I just don't know if those are legal here (anyone know?). everything I read says it's Europe approved.

I may also upgrade the diverter valve or add a blow of valve for more sound. and add a turbo inlet outlet and throttle pipe upgrades.

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
Gunmetal VMR v710 19 wrapped in MPSS 225 35. No rubbing. Sits pretty flush but back could use 5mm spacers.

Waiting for delivery:
-Milltek HJS downpipe
-GFB DV+
-Slotted and drilled rotor kit w/ red stuff pads. My rotors are extremely rusty.

Last edited:

CjHoop

Passed Driver's Ed
Milltek HJS DP installed
DV+ installed

DP took me about 4 hours but I did take my time and the milltek cat back connecting pipes were a bi$#@ to get off the stock down pipe. Most people say the hardest part is getting the stock DP out which took less than 5 mins after all the bolts were off. A helping hand makes it a breeze. THE SOUND IS AMAZING AND SO DEEP (not obnoxious). Definete increase in power and change in the power band. Shoulda done this year's ago. No CEL no spacer. 9/10 for the milltek turbo back only cause it's very expensive. I have minor adjustments to do.

DV+ was easy but I slightly stripped the bottom most bolt trying to tighten it but it's in. havent tried it out yet. took my time and it took 30 minutes to install.

also added a decal.: