GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

If you have a manual...

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Question to this group. I have the Boomba Short Shifter already installed. I installed the Torque Solutions Shifter bushings this weekend. The shifting feels tighter now, but I'm not sure all the gears feel like they take the same level of effort to shift into. Like 4th gear is a tad harder to shift into for example. I've only driven a few miles. It was a hassle getting out that side to side bushing so I'm wondering if I tugged on it too hard and that may have messed with my alignment. Should I do a shifter cable alignment? I'll have to drive around a bit more to give a better description of which gears take more effort...maybe I'll get used to it.

Thanks in advance!

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Question to this group. I have the Boomba Short Shifter already installed. I installed the Torque Solutions Shifter bushings this weekend. The shifting feels tighter now, but I'm not sure all the gears feel like they take the same level of effort to shift into. Like 4th gear is a tad harder to shift into for example. I've only driven a few miles. It was a hassle getting out that side to side bushing so I'm wondering if I tugged on it too hard and that may have messed with my alignment. Should I do a shifter cable alignment? I'll have to drive around a bit more to give a better description of which gears take more effort...maybe I'll get used to it.

Thanks in advance!

Definitely do the alignment. Anytime you change/alter almost anything in that department you need an alignment otherwise it'll shift like crap.

Last edited:

MiamiBourne

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 6MT Golf R Oryx
Definitely do the alignment. Anytime you change/alter almost anything in that department you need an alignment otherwise it shift like crap.

Thanks. It seems like a straight forward process. I just need to get a locking pin for the shift boot lock.