GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2017 R - Spare Tire

Denvernoob

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so I just upgraded my 2016 R to a 2017 with DAP. I purchased ,y 2016 CPO, and the previous owner has installed the spare kit, which I am of course taking with me to the new car.

One problem...the cord for the sub is seemingly too short. I am sure I am missing something here, but thought I would as this question because my cursory search didn't yield results.

Feel free to flame...as long as you post the how-to thread link when doing so!

:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Denvernoob

Passed Driver's Ed
I guess that's because 2017 R doesn't come with spare tire.

neither did the 2016...lots of folks got the MQB S3 spare and euro parts (as these exist since across the pond the R got a spare). The person who owned my 2016 prior to me did the mod. I think I have found a solution (remove base carpet and cord should be long enough) but can someone confirm by chance?

Thanks,

Ted

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trbochrg1

Passed Driver's Ed
mine just required a little tug and I got another 3-5" of slack. I pulled up on the rear trim piece and it allowed it to be pulled out further.

NyCSnEaK

Junk yard is the best place. I got mine for $105. It was a brand new spare from a Eos.

I just got the spare tire from an EOS and the jack from a 15 Golf from lkq in Holland Michigan for $105. Sight unseen because my father picked them up as I live in GA. Hope they are in excellent condition as advertised... Will get next month.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I just got the spare tire from an EOS and the jack from a 15 Golf from lkq in Holland Michigan for $105. Sight unseen because my father picked them up as I live in GA. Hope they are in excellent condition as advertised... Will get next month.

Blurry as hell, but looks like i also got the foam surround! No idea if it will fit my R, but here's hoping