GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DSG "fart" on 6MT

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
So after installing my downpipe and catback, I've noticed that when i take my foot off the throttle to shift, I get a little DSG style "fart" like the DSG guys do in the videos I've seen.

Any other 6MT guys getting this? Just thought since it was always labeled as a DSG fart, that 6MT's wouldn't produce it when shifting. Unsure if it had to do with ecu/tcu programming or if it was directly related to AFR mixtures.

Anyways, happy useless thread on a Saint Paddy's day Friday! Cheers!

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I get them and a few backfires when traction control interrupts just as I'm about to shift. It sounds like a rally car and I love it

Firstboost

Go Kart Champion
I get them and a few backfires when traction control interrupts just as I'm about to shift. It sounds like a rally car and I love it

Haha, yeah I must admit, while loud, I love the pops and crackles my car makes now. My wife on the other hand... :eek:

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
First drive with my dp, I went WOT in 4th and had to let off abruptly for traffic and got a fart. I lol'ed. It doesn't happen much and is hard to replicate, but it's usually when a high fuel request is abruptly ended and the oversupply pops off.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I fart all the time!

flip7

Ready to race!
Everyone farts

So after installing my downpipe and catback, I've noticed that when i take my foot off the throttle to shift, I get a little DSG style "fart" like the DSG guys do in the videos I've seen.

Any other 6MT guys getting this? Just thought since it was always labeled as a DSG fart, that 6MT's wouldn't produce it when shifting. Unsure if it had to do with ecu/tcu programming or if it was directly related to AFR mixtures.

Anyways, happy useless thread on a Saint Paddy's day Friday! Cheers!

I am farting too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsS9X7JdnDw