GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How to remove Sunglasses Holder?

Jota Mendes

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone,
I've noticied a very anoying rattle on my sunglasses holder, so, I'm traying to remove it to try solve the problem...
Anyone knows how to remove it?

Thanks everyone!

adampiezano

Hi there,

I am also curious if it would be possible to remove/replace it. I have a standard 90 TSI (Australian model) which does not include the sunglasses holder by default. Instead it has a piece of plastic which is the same shape as the holder, but without a latch or an opening.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to fit the sunglasses holder if I remove the plastic? Seems simple enough to me but I'd like to know if there's any reason to be cautious before I proceed. Also some basic steps for how to go about it would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers,

Adam.

Jota Mendes

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

I am also curious if it would be possible to remove/replace it. I have a standard 90 TSI (Australian model) which does not include the sunglasses holder by default. Instead it has a piece of plastic which is the same shape as the holder, but without a latch or an opening.

Does anyone know whether it's possible to fit the sunglasses holder if I remove the plastic? Seems simple enough to me but I'd like to know if there's any reason to be cautious before I proceed. Also some basic steps for how to go about it would be greatly apreciated.

Cheers,

Adam.
I waiting with you for some info's... :p Anyone?

Hypo

mine only rattles when I have sunglasses in there...

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
Car(s)
2015 Golf R
I usually have my Oakleys up there when not wearing them. I add my microfiber case under them and there is no rattle at all.

broadbean

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi there,

I waiting with you for some info's... :p Anyone?

I have an Australian MY16 and changed mine. Got the part from the US brought back by a friend, but also available locally. Your query goes back two years so not sure if you're still interested, but the answer is yes.

cruzmisl

Ready to race!
FWIW, in other cars where this has rattled, stuffing a microfiber towel in there that's large enough to exert a little pressure on the door (think just slightly overstuffed--like putting on a tight pair of jeans) tends to stop rattles from it.

Elwood

3-7-77
You have to remove it when you install an auto-dimming rear view mirror. You might find some instructions there. As I recall (instructions long gone), you just bend the ears towards the center and pop a tab out of a hole. There is a spring on one side that can be fiddly. I managed, though. It wasn't too bad.