GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 VS E92 M3

2011 CSG GTI

Ready to race!
Long story short, raced my friend who has an E92 M3 and all I have is an Intake. Its interesting that a near stock DSG GTI kept up with a V8 BMW.
If there was no car in front of me, i think it would have been a tie...
best 30 seconds with this car!

Seems lame I know but I wanted to share my story

Thank you for reading!!

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI
Gti is an impressive machine even in stock form. Surprises me even more now with jb4.

Venumous

Ready to race!
E92 has zero torque down low, must be wrung completely out to redline, and they trap 111mph. You would get owned in a legitimate roll race all things being the same. This race would get ugly fast in the real world.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
^^^^^ thank you. I was going to mention how quick those high reving e92s can go and that a 230-240 ish whp near stock no tune gti would have a no chance...but.. lol

Noize1

Ready to race!
The extra weight is more than offset by nearly double the stock horsepower. As alluded to above, a healthy example E90/E92 M3 driven properly will trap 111-113mph stock. That will smash a stock tuned GTI, and give most stage 2 mk7s a fight and a half.

Don't sleep on those cars. They're nearly a decade old, but they are still great. Drive the proper wheels, rev deep, and have fantastic driving dynamics.

2015WhiteGTI

Go Kart Champion
OP: Is the M3 a convertible? If so, they weigh over 4000lbs and would definitely be a good run for a stock GTI.
If he's a coupe or sedan, then he needs to learn how to drive. It shouldn't be a tie with just an intake on the GTI. I've driven plenty of e92 M3s and they're not that slow.