GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Biggest pet peeve when driving.

EXEA189

Ready to race!

EXEA189

Ready to race!
How about when people will stop and wait for traffic when they have a dedicated lane to proceed onto after completing the turn?

They hold everybody up behind them when they can just drive through the turn.

EXEA189

Ready to race!
In chicago... there is often 2 lanes but people park on the street thereby making it one lane. When you come up to a red light and someone goes into the right lane but you can see right away that they run out of lane very quickly after the light. You just know they are going to try and launch and get ahead of you. I call em right lane warriors and good lord you better have a fast car if you try that shit with me. I've almost made people rear end the parked cars so many times, then I watch them get all butt hurt when they have to emergency stop because they couldn't beat me off the line in time to get in front of me. meh, I'm an asshole.

I'm proud of you for your admission, of course, you have a fast enough car that allows your inner asshole to reveal itself! Hahaha!

Truth be told, most of us wouldn't admit we have a sociopathic, abrasive inner punk hidden inside our souls known as the inner asshole.

As I like to say, "God is my co-pilot, but it's the Devil that keep my foot on the Gas."

AtlantaDad

Drag Race Newbie
All of the above. Plus the idiots who jump over to the empty lane (your lane) 10 feet from the red light, because they can't possibly be stuck behind the car in the other lane. But when the light changes, do they accelerate faster than the car they just maneuvered around? Hell no. They putter the same damn slow speed so you have no way around the fools.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
All of the above. Plus the idiots who jump over to the empty lane (your lane) 10 feet from the red light, because they can't possibly be stuck behind the car in the other lane. But when the light changes, do they accelerate faster than the car they just maneuvered around? Hell no. They putter the same damn slow speed so you have no way around the fools.

This is actually something that is new to me since moving to the ATL area. Super annoying.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Oh man. My blood pressure went up just reading this.

I usually like to coast to a red light to 1) save gas 2) save brakes

These people have forced me to speed up before the red, just to prevent this. Some will say that's a little aggressive, and maybe it is. But it's outweighed by the satisfaction that you are at the front and you prevented some asshat from taking your lane.

I'll be in the corner destroying another stress ball.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
People not using indicators (blinkers) and some of the ones that do think it means get out my way I am moving and not their proper usage of showing what they intend to do if the road is clear.

Also asshats that pull out of junction and drive slowly instead of getting up to the speed of approaching traffic.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Slowing down for every on ramp, dip shits in the left lane slam brakes when someone is merging from the right into the right lane.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
4-Way stops:

a) People who roll through, without looking, even though I've been stopped with my signal on waiting for previous cars to clear.

b) People who won't go, even though they were at a stop before I even came up to the intersection.

CharmedL1fe

Passed Driver's Ed
When you're on a multi-lane road and, rather than pulling out into one of the open lanes, this driver chooses to pull out RIGHT in front you in your lane forcing you to brake, or maneuver around them. Then, after passing them, a look in the rear view, and you realize that there is ZERO traffic for at least a quarter of a mile behind you and that dumb person could've taken ANY lane they wanted without any effect on you, had they just waited 5 more seconds to pull onto the roadway. Infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
When you're on a multi-lane road and, rather than pulling out into one of the open lanes, this driver chooses to pull out RIGHT in front you in your lane forcing you to brake, or maneuver around them. Then, after passing them, a look in the rear view, and you realize that there is ZERO traffic for at least a quarter of a mile behind you and that dumb person could've taken ANY lane they wanted without any effect on you, had they just waited 5 more seconds to pull onto the roadway. Infuriating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
My sense is that as people broadly move from seeing cars as vehicles to seeing them as appliances/spaces, and as the ideal car increasingly for many is one that requires the least interaction or awareness of anything outside of the infotainment suite, people are simply losing awareness of the entire concept of rules of the road, or of any set of structured guidelines for operating motor vehicles effectively.

Because, duh, to most folks they _aren't_ operating a motor vehicle, or at least, sure as hell don't want to be operating one. To them, if there are three lanes, there are three lanes, just spaces to plop your mobile Starbucks and get back to texting.